HP CEO Meg Whitman Receives 11 Percent Raise
February 3, 2015 – Bloomberg News reports that Hewlett-Packard raised total compensation for Chairman and CEO Meg Whitman by 11 percent, with Whitman, receiving a total pay package of $19.6 million for fiscal 2014, compared with $17.6 million a year earlier, according to an HP regulatory filing.
Bloomberg News notes that although HP sales have fallen for 12 out of the past 13 quarters, the company’s adjusted earnings per share have risen for the last four quarters, and HP’s PC business has returned to growth.
HP outlined its plans to split the company in October 2014, with the PC and printer business soon to become HP Inc., while HP Enterprise will market hardware and services for large corporate customers. Whitman will serve as president and CEO of HP Enterprise, while Dion Weisler will be president and CEO of HP Inc.
Whitman took over as HP CEO in September 2011, and had an initial annual salary of $1. In its regulatory filing, HP states Whitman’s salary was raised to $1.5 million in 2014, as HP’s turnaround progressed.
- January 2015: HP ANNOUNCES NEW CHAIN OF COMMAND FOR HP ENTERPRISE AND HP INC.
- December 2014: HP: TRIPLE-DIGIT GROWTH FOR OFFICEJET X PRINTERS, NEW TONER SUPPLIES TO DETER THIRD-PARTY CLONING ON THE WAY
- November 2014: FLAT FOURTH QUARTER FOR HP; REPORTS FULL-YEAR RESULTS
- October 2014: HP DELIVERS ITS FIRST 3D PRINTER, SAID TO BE FASTER AND OFFERING MORE OBJECT STRENGTH AND DETAIL
- October 2014: HP TO SPLIT INTO TWO COMPANIES, ONE DEDICATED TO ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS, ONE TO PERSONAL COMPUTING AND PRINTING
- September 2014: HP TO ACQUIRE OPEN-SOURCE PROVIDER EUCALYPTUS AS PART OF OPEN-SOURCE CLOUD BUILDING
- September 2014: HP LOCKS DOWN PRINTERS WITH NEW SECURITY FEATURES, ADVISORY SERVICES, ARCSIGHT PRINTER INTEGRATION, CLOUD PULL PRINT, MORE
- August 2014: SLIGHT REVENUE INCREASE FOR HP; PRINTING REVENUE DOWN, BUT PC REVENUE UP
- July 2014: U.S. AIR FORCE SELECTS HP FOR PRINTERS UNDER FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT; HP ALSO EXTENDS GLOBAL HARDWARE CONTRACT WITH SHELL