First Memjet-Powered JFlex870 Label Printer Sold in Canada
A JFlex870 envelope printer, engineered and manufactured by RDP digital, a division of RDP Marathon of Montreal, will be installed next month at The Label Factory, one of Canada’s leading trade-only label-printer providers.
Once operational, the IPT digital system will turn the customer’s traditional press into a high-speed digital printing platform using Memjet’s color inkjet printing technology.
“We’ve been keeping an eye on developing digital label processes for some time and when we saw the speed and resolution of the JFlex870, we knew for sure digital print had a place in our operation,” commented Alex Medd, partner at The Label Factory.
Installation of the JFlex870 will increase overall capacity at The Label Factory and, for the first time, allow the company to enter the very short run digital label-printing market.
“We knew The Label Factory had a huge inventory of die tooling, and beauty of the JFlex870 is that it will be mounted on the customer’s existing press so additional tooling costs will be minimal,” says Jerry Wynia, president of Norther Graphic Solutions.
Norther Graphic Solutions, which is based in Kleinburg Ontario, supplies printing presses and converting equipment to the narrow web-printing markets. Memjet says the sale of a JFlex870 to The Label Factory, in this particular case, has an additional benefit because the company has agreed to play a key strategic role in product development.
For more information on the JFLEX870 label printer, visit Memjet here.
- December 2014: MEMJET: 2014 HAS BEEN A ‘BANNER YEAR’ WITH RECORD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
- October 2014: NEW MEMJET-POWERED COLORDYNE CDT 3600 SERIES DIGITAL LABEL AND TAG PRODUCTION-PRINTING SYSTEM
- September 2014: TROJANLABEL LAUNCHES MEMJET-POWERED TROJANTWO MINI DIGITAL LABEL PRESS
- September 2014: MEMJET PARTNERS TO SHOWCASE NEW AND CURRENT PRINTING SYSTEMS AT GRAPH EXPO 2014
- August 2014: MEMJET LAUNCHES NEXT-GENERATION PRINT ENGINE, SIRIUS, FOR MORE VERSATILE MEDIA HANDLING
- July 2014: RTI DIGITAL EXPANDS DISTRIBUTION OF MEMJET-POWERED VORTEX 4200 WIDE-FORMAT PRINTER
- June 2014: ALPHA IMAGING TO RESELL MEMJET-POWERED RTI DIGITAL VORTEX 4200 IN NORTHEAST U.S.
- April 2014: MEMJET UNVEILS NEXT-GENERATION ASPEN INKJET PRINT ENGINE FOR COMMERCIAL PRINTING
- April 2014: MEMJET EXPANDS DISTRIBUTION OF 60-PPM COLOR INKJET C6000 PRINTER AND MFP IN WESTERN EUROPE