This Week in Imaging: Epson’s Revolutionary RIPS Inkjets; Ricoh Europe Goes 3D; More
Epson brings it on to the U.S. with a new high-volume PrecisionCore-based color inkjet MFP with complete A3 capabilities, maximum 1,830-sheet media capacity, and ink packs that yield up to 75,000 pages. The flagship WorkForce Pro WF-R8590 starts at $5,999 and has an optional 2×500-sheet paper deck that converts it into a free-standing console unit. This product has been marketed overseas for a while and a quick look at any Eurasian Epson Web site reveals an impressive lineup of inkjet printers, some that may also eventually show up someday in the United States, including CISS (continuous ink supply system) desktop printers and All-in-Ones with minuscule ink costs and Cost per Page.
News of the state of Sharp’s financials coupled with the sale of its U.S. headquarters (not to worry, they’re leasing it back and staying put) can be a mite depressing to some. However, if you take a look at the consumer-electronics industry, Sharp has been investing heavily in next-generation smartphone and OLED screen technology, all while sales of its AQUOS line of flat-screen TVs (as well as flat-screen TVs in general) have slowed dramatically. That said, Sharp’s woes cannot be pinned on its business-equipment division.
- Epson Brings Business Inkjet with Replaceable Ink Packs that Yield up to 75,000 Pages to the U.S. – Read more here.
- Sharp Expects Financial Results to Fall Short of Forecast – Read more here.
- Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Alabama Division of The Stewart Organization – Read more here.
- U.K. Fraud Office Ends HP Autonomy Investigations, but Investigation Continues in U.S. – Read more here.
- Ricoh Europe to Begin Selling Leapfrog 3D Printers – Read more here.
- IDC: Managed Print Services Market to Grow as Vendors Drive into Mid-Market and Offer Value-Add Solutions – Read more here.
- Toshiba Forms Strategic Alliance with ECI Software Solutions for Easier Dealer Ordering – Read more here.
- EFI Previews New LED Inkjet, More at EFI Connect Users Conference – Read more here.
- New Large-Format Inkjet imagePROGRAF IPF670, imagePROGRA IPF770 Printers from Canon – Read more here.
The Third Dimension