Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Alabama Division of The Stewart Organization
January 19, 2015 – Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems (GIS) has acquired the Alabama division of The Stewart Organization, one of the largest document-equipment dealers in North America in a move that Xerox says will boost its expansion into the small and mid-size business and managed-services markets. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Under the acquisition, the division will be named Stewart of Alabama, Inc., and will offer Xerox’s managed services along with Xerox office and printing technology.
“We continue to put an emphasis on acquiring locally based companies that provide quality products and solutions and have a reputation for delivering world-class customer service,” commented Michael Pietrunti, senior vice president of acquisitions, corporate services and marketing for Global Imaging Services. “This acquisition complements our existing footprint in Alabama.”
Vincent Caltagirone, who has served as president of the Birmingham-based operation since 2002, will continue in that role with the new company. .
Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems is made up of regional core companies in the United States that sell and service document-management systems such as printers, copiers, and MFPs; network integration services; and electronic-presentation systems. As an office-technology dealer, Global Imaging Systems sells products from various suppliers, including Xerox. Xerox acquired Global Imaging Systems in 2007, and operates it as a wholly owned subsidiary within its North American operations.
- October 2014: IN SMB DRIVE, XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING ACQUIRES LAS VEGAS DEALER
- July 2013: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING ACQUIRES OKLAHOMA DEALER
- July 2013: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING ACQUIRES CHICAGO OFFICE-EQUIPMENT DEALER
- April 2013: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING SYSTEMS ACQUIRES ONE OF SOUTHEAST’S LARGEST DEALERS
- December 2012: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING SYSTEMS BUYS FUCHS BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
- February 2012: TOM SALIERNO IS NEW CEO FOR XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING SYSTEMS
- February 2012: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING ADDS FLORDIA IT SERVICES PROVIDER
- August 2011: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING STEPS UP ACQUISITIONS, ADDS SIXTH ACQUISITION FOR 2011
- April 2011: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING ACQUIRES UNITED BUSINESS SOLUTIONS; NEW XEROX MATTE-DRY INK
- December 2011: XEROX’S GLOBAL IMAGING SYSTEMS ACQUIRES WISCONSIN OFFICE-PRODUCTS DISTRIBUTOR