Canon Wins Judgements Barring Aster from Selling Disputed Toner Cartridges in the U.S., Holland, and France
January 7, 2015 – Canon Inc. reports that it’s successfully resolved its toner-cartridge patent-infringement disputes against Aster Graphics, Inc., Jiangxi Yibo E-Tech Co., Ltd. and Aster Graphics Company Ltd. (China) in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, against Aster Technology Holland B.V. in the District Court The Hague, the Netherlands, and against Aster Graphics Company Ltd. (China) and Aster Graphics Company Ltd. (Hong Kong) in the Paris First Instance Court. The dispute involved toner cartridges and photosensitive drums sold for use in Canon and Hewlett-Packard laser printers.
To resolve the disputes, Aster has stipulated to a consent judgment and permanent injunction from the Southern District of New York as to U.S. Patent Nos. 8,280,278, 8,433,219, 8,437,669, 8,494,411, 8,630,564, 8,676,090, 8,682,215 and 8,688,008, and entered into cease and desist agreements as to European Patent No. 2087407 that will be made official by the District Court The Hague, the Netherlands, and the Paris First Instance Court, all of which prohibit Aster from making, using, selling, and offering for sale in the respective countries, and from importing into such countries, the toner cartridges and photosensitive drum units that Canon says infringes upon its patents.
- December 2014 – CANON EXPANDS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO GERMANY
- November 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-ENFORCEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- October 2014 – LD PRODUCTS SETTLES WITH CANON, AGREES NOT TO SELL DISPUTED TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- October 2014 – ACM AGREES NOT TO SELL ALLEGED CANON PATENT-INFRINGING TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.
- September 2014 – PRINT-RITE TO SETTLE WITH CANON OVER ALLEGED TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT INFRINGEMENT
- September 2014 – CANON SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST GRAND IMAGE
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT CAMPAIGN TO THE U.K.
- August 2014 – CANON TAKES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT CAMPAIGN TO RUSSIA
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST KOREAN SUPPLIES MAKER ALPHACHEM
- August 2014 – CANON WINS PRINTER-CONSUMABLES PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST THREE COMPANIES
- July 2014 – CANON WINS TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT SUIT AGAINST NECTRON
- July 2014 – CANON FILES TONER-CARTRIDGE PATENT-INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT AGAINST TWO U.K.-BASED COMPANIES
- June 2014 – CANON DEFENDANTS AGREE NOT TO SELL TONER CARTRIDGES IN U.S.