Samsung Merging Two U.S. Groups; Tod Pike Leaving in January
December 15, 2014 – Samsung Electronics America reports that, effective January 1, 2015, Samsung Telecommunications America will be merged into Samsung Electronics America to better serve the consumer-electronics, mobile, and enterprise markets. Samsung also says the merger of Samsung Telecommunications America into Samsung Electronics America will give customers and partners the advantage of a single point of contact. Gregory Lee will continue as president and CEO of Samsung Electronics North America, while Tim Baxter has been named president and chief operating officer of the new, integrated Samsung Electronics America. Samsung says no layoffs are planned.
Samsung’s Tod Pike, senior vice president of Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division, and formerly of Canon U.S.A., will be leaving the company in January 2014.
Samsung says creating one business organization will bring together all of the company’s consumer and enterprise-business operations, and that with the merger, it’ll be able to better serve its U.S. customers through strengthened business operations and collaboration across market segments.
Samsung’s U.S. offices will continue to operate in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey; Richardson, Texas; and in Silicon Valley in California.
- April 2012: TOD PIKE NAMED SENIOR VP AT SAMSUNG’S ENTERPRISE BUSINESS DIVISION
- November 2014: RJ YOUNG IS SAMSUNG’S 2014 DEALER OF THE YEAR; MORE THAN DOUBLED ITS SAMSUNG SALES
- September 2014: SAMSUNG LAUNCHES NEW MARKETING CAMPAIGN, ‘SMARTIFY,’ FOR ITS B2B MFPS
- September 2014: SAMSUNG ACQUIRES PRINTERON, MAKER OF MOBILE CLOUD-PRINTING SOLUTIONS, TO BOLSTER B2B SERVICES
- September 2014: NEW SAMSUNG A4 MULTIFUNCTIONALS FEATURE FIRST ANDROID OS-POWERED USER INTERFACE
- July 2014: SAMSUNG’S NEW OFFICE IN MANHATTAN’S MEATPACKING DISTRICT TO SHOWCASE BUSINESS MOBILE PRODUCTS
- July 2014: SAMSUNG SMART PRINTERS AND ALL-IN-ONES WITH MOBILE PRINTING NOW AVAILABLE AT OFFICE SUPERSTORES
- May 2014: FORMER HP EXEC MATTHEW SMITH IS NEW VP OF SALES AND MARKETING FOR SAMSUNG’S PRINTING GROUP