This Week in Imaging: Memjet Rising; Holiday Gift Guide; Smart MFP Ecosystem; Impika; More
It’s getting cold around these parts. Cold enough to huddle around your laser printer in order to soak up some of that wasted energy in the form of dissipated heat. However, if the powers that be at your workplace decide to splurge on the latest big iron – in this case inkjet – from Canon’s Océ Division – you’re out of luck. Why? Because inkjet printing systems in general emit little or no heat, and consume much less energy than toner-based systems, the latter of which contributes to a lower Total Cost of Ownership for inkjet.
I’ll bet that you think that your MFP is already pretty smart. Well, it turns out that Lexmark doesn’t agree and has unveiled its Smart MFP Ecosystem. See our article to find out exactly what’s so smart about it. It’s all about the continuing trend away from just speeds and feeds into a system that’s a digital on ramp for turning hardcopy document streams into much more easier to manage and access digital document streams.
Smartphones, along with tablet PCs, are said to be causing lower print volumes. French company Prynt is taking a different tactic, taking printing to the smartphone with a smartphone “case” that can print your photos. It’s sort of like an instant camera, but you’re using your smartphone to capture the pictures.
Thanks to our friends at Epson and Walt & Company, we’ve been front and center at Epson’s numerous product introductions in this past year. We think that so many of these products are economical and useful enough to serve as holiday gifts for tech people, so be sure to check out our Holiday Gift Guide starring Epson’s unique and innovative products.
- New Ricoh MFP Series with Optional Smart Operation Panel for Tablet and Smartphone Use – Read more here.
- Memjet: 2014 Has Been a ‘Banner Year’ with Record Product Development and Growth – Read more here.
- Holiday Gifts from Epson for the Connected Person in Your Life – From Smart Glasses to Mobile Printers – Read more here.
New Products and Solutions
- New PrinterLogic Printer-Management Platform Eliminates the Need for Print Servers – Read more here.
- Canon’s Oce Division Officially Launches its First Full-Color Inkjet Printing System – Read more here.
- Prynt Previews $99 Smartphone Case that Prints – Read more here.
- Lexmark Enhances ‘Smart MFP Ecosystem’ with Server-Less Routing and Secure Printing, AirPrint Certification – Read more here.
- Print Audit’s New Report Helps Dealers Select which Printer and MFP Models to Include for Auto Toner-Fulfillment – Read more here.
- Kyocera Reports ‘Significant Profit’ in MFP Sales for First Half of its Fiscal Year – Read more here.
- HP’s Dion Weisler: The Vision and Promise of Blended Reality – Read more here.
- Xerox’s Impika Focusing on Product-Sales Expansion in Asia – Read more here.
- HP Printer Veteran Joins 3D-Printing Company Stratasys – Read more here.
The Third Dimension