Canon Launches imagePRESS C60 Digital Color Press with Optional New Fiery Servers
Canon U.S.A. is launching the new imagePRESS C60 color digital press, which builds on the Canon imagePRESS C1+’s technology, and is designed for use by advertising agencies, graphic-design studios, packaging design and architectural firms.
Building on the imagePRESS C1+ Series used in graphic-arts and industrial-design applications, the imagePRESS C60 prints at 2,400 x 2,400 dpi resolution at print speeds of up to 60 ppm in color and black-and-white. The system can print at rated speed on uncoated media up to 220 gsm in weight, and supports media weights up to 300 gsm including coated and embossed stock.
Designed for color applications such as layout proofs, press-proof comps, and packaging markups, the imagePRESS C60, combined with optional in-line document finishing, can also be used to produce style guides, planograms, and presentations.
- Gloss Optimization: Canon’s proprietary Gloss Optimization technology evenly tailors the gloss level of the toner image. Canon says it’s this technology that helps eliminate the “3D” look of toner for output results similar to offset printing.
- Advanced Toner Transfer: Increasing the toner-transfer efficiency on smooth as well as uneven media surfaces, the imagePRESS C60 with Advanced Image Transfer Belt offers design professionals media-handling capabilities on a broad range of surfaces, such as textured media, to help users expand their creative and print capabilities.
- Accurate Registration: The compact registration module helps to achieve accurate image placements for precise front-to-back registration.
- Real-time Calibration: Automatically monitoring density levels, the real-time calibration provides color consistency and accuracy.
- Electronics for Imaging (EFI) Fiery technology-driven imagePRESS Servers: Providing scalable solutions, the imagePRESS Server F200 and imagePRESS Server G100 are the first digital front ends on the market based on EFI’s new Fiery FS150 Pro platform. The servers come with imaging features such as Fiery Spot-On technology to quickly and easily fine-tune factory installed spot-color tables for closer color matching on a specific engine or substrate.
The magePRESS C60 meets Energy Star energy-saving standards, is EPEAT Gold-rated, and RoHS-compliant. It’s available through Canon authorized dealers and Canon Solutions America at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $55,310 for a typical configuration with imagePRESS Server G100, stack bypass, and output tray. The system is expected to ship in the United States starting in mid-November 2014. For more information and complete specifications, visit Canon here.