Epson Rolls Out ‘World’s Smallest and Lightest’ Mobile Printer, the WorkForce WF-100
Calling it “the world’s smallest and lightest mobile printer,” Epson America is rolling out the Epson WorkForce WF-100 ($349 estimated street price). Designed for mobile workers, the WorkForce WF-100 includes built-in wireless connectivity, Wi-Fi Direct connectivity, and an integrated rechargeable battery.
“Mobile devices are critical tools for professionals, and the sleek, portable, wireless WorkForce WF-100 augments the mobile experience, enabling users to stay productive on-the-go,” says Nils Madden, marketing director of Desktop Imaging and Printing for Epson America. “The WorkForce WF-100 not only expands our portfolio of business printing solutions, but underscores our commitment to delivering tools that meet the evolving needs of today’s mobile workforce.”
Epson says the WorkForce WF-100 is the world’s lightest and smallest mobile printer based on mobile color inkjet printers priced at $399 or less that are available at U.S. retail stores as of April 2014. The printer weighs 3.5 lbs., and when printing (when the paper-input tray is open, as shown in the photograph above), the printer measures 12.2″ wide x 9.1″ deep x 8.5″ high. When the paper tray is closed, the printer measures 12.2″ wide x 6.1″ deep x 2.4″ high.
With its wireless connectivity, users can print from a range of devices, including tablets, smartphones, and laptops. There’s also Wi-Fi Direct for printing without a router, and a built-in battery that charges via USB or the included AC adapter. The WF-100 also features an automatic power-off feature to save battery life.
Other features include:
- Built-in wireless and Wi-Fi Direct for printing from iPads, iPhones, tablets, smartphones, and laptops. There’s also a USB port for direct connection.
- Travel-friendly USB battery-charging, or use the AC adapter; includes rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Print documents and border-less 4″ x 6″ photos at print speeds up to ISO 6.7 (black)/3.8 (color) ppm. Maximum paper size is 8.5″ x 14″, and prints on plain paper, presentation paper, and photo paper.
- Control panel features a 1.4″ color LCD.
- Replacement ink cartridges consist of one black cartridge that yields up to 250 pages, and a tri-color (cyan, magenta, and yellow) cartridge that also yields up to 215 pages.
The WorkForce WF-100 also features Epson Connect, a suite of free mobile-printing solutions including Email Print, Epson Creative Print, Epson iPrint, Epson Remote Print, and more. Epson Connect provides:
- Support for Android Printing and Kindle Fire Printing
- Support for Google Cloud Print with Gmail or Google Drive account, which enables printing from Chromebooks and Google Chrome without installing print drivers or connecting cables.
Epson Connect Solutions Finder is available to help users quickly determine and compare which mobile-printing solution supports their mobile devices or printer
The Epson WorkForce WF-100 will be available through online retailers starting in early November and will be available through major retail stores in January 2015. For more information and complete specifications on the WorkForce WF-100, visit Epson here.