New Server-Less Lexmark AccuRead Provides Automatic Routing, Data Extraction, Notifications for Scanned Documents
Lexmark International has released a new solution, AccuRead Automate, that’s designed to help users manage key information during the pre- and post-scanning of hardcopy documents.
AccuRead Automate is a server-less application that resides on a Lexmark Smart MFP, and helps ensure that scanned documents are routed properly to their correct destination, and are easily available to those who need them.
“The AccuRead Automate solution trains the MFP to classify and pre-process hardcopy documents and extract data before they ever reach an ERP (enterprise resource planning) or accounting system,” commented Rick Kallop, process-improvement consultant for Lexmark.
Lexmark says the result is a simpler and easier server-less document-capture process, requiring little user training. Plus, since it runs on a Lexmark MFP, it saves customers the cost and management of an additional server, keeping all activity within the company’s network and behind their firewall security.
“Lexmark’s AccuRead Automate solution can be used in horizontal applications across multiple departments such as accounts payable and human resources,” says Doug Frazier, solutions business-development manager for Lexmark. “This serverless solution is embedded on the Lexmark device, which helps automate processes and frees up valuable IT resources.”
Lexmark customer Dave Bell, executive director of the Greater Louisville YMCA, has been using the solution and is impressed with its functionality: “This is one of the most amazing solutions we have implemented. It will save us hours of time in the processing of our invoices.”
The application has several features designed to help document scanning speed and processes, and may also be customized to fit a company’s specific data-capture needs. Features include:
- Document classification: The solution identifies and automatically classifies the scanned images of documents loaded in the MFP’s automatic document feeder.
- Data extraction: Locates and extracts up to four individual fields of data on a page and includes the data in an index file and/or in the image’s file name.
- Document routing: Sends images of documents to pre-defined network folders.
- Notifications: Communicates job status, required actions, or important messages, on the MFP touch screen or via email.
- Manual review: Lets user verify and edit extracted data at the MFP prior to routing.
- Smart file names: Uses extracted data from a document with a time stamp to create dynamic file names and image-indexing metadata.
- Self-learning technology: Recognizes and automatically classifies new documents without requiring templates.
- Searchable PDF creation: Uses AccuRead optical character recognition (OCR) software to make any scanned text-based document searchable.
For more information about Lexmark’s AccuRead Automate, Lexmark partners may visit Lexmark here.