Top News for the Week of 9/29/2014 – Catching up with OKI; Graph Expo; HP Brings the Cloud to Home Users; More
In today’s economy, and especially in the digital-imaging world, resourcefulness is the name of the game. Or to put it another way, when one door closes, another one opens. For instance, that may mean printing outside the office – for example, this week, Hewlett-Packard continues expanding into new digital-print applications, such as heavy-duty commercial inkjet printers for printing on corrugated cardboard materials. For others, such as OKI, which we profile this week, it’s also printing on new media, as well as leveraging its A4 printer expertise to expand its presence in the BTA channel. And in the office, for all vendors, it’s addressing not just customers’ printing, but making mundane office tasks faster and easier.
Speaking of HP, while, like others, we often speculate about its overall digital-imaging strategy, we’re periodically impressed with HP technology. For instance, this week, HP introduced a commodity All-in-One, the Officejet 8040, that’s loaded with planning, engineering, and marketing innovations. The new Officejet 8040 is the first home and small-office All-in-One with both advanced cloud-based document storage, as well as hard drive for local document storage. There’s also mobile printing, including NFC “tap and print” mobile printing, and economical and hassle-free Instant Ink Program. It’s worth checking out to see what HP’s doing with “just a” $399.99 device.
- Catching up with OKI Data Americas: A4 and More Bringing Success – Read more here.
New Products and Solutions
- New HP Officejet 8040 All-in-One with Neat Cloud Service, Instant Ink Eligibility – Read more here.
- Ricoh Previews New Print and Scan to Blackboard Educational Systems – Read more here.
Graph Expo 14 News
- HP to Develop High-Volume Inkjet Printers; Debuts Indigo 7800 and 30000 Digital Presses – Read more here.
- New Line of EFI Fiery Servers for Latest Ricoh Color Production Printers – Read more here.
- Konica Minolta to Market Entry Level Digital Label Printers Intoprint Edge 850 and Intoprint Eclipse LF3 – Read more here.
- Xerox Impika Color Inkjet iPrint Evolution Digital-Color Press Makes North American Debut – Read more here.
- Epson Joins Non-Profit Managed Print Services Association – Read more here
The Third Dimension