Print-Rite to Settle with Canon over Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
The Print-Rite group, including Print-Rite N.A., Union Technology International (Macao Commercial Offshore) Company, Print-Rite Unicorn Image Products Company, Innotex Precision Limited, and Print-Rite Holdings Limited, a provider of aftermarket-printer consumables, released a statement that it’s been working closely with Canon Inc. to resolve the current International Trade Commission (ITC) investigation and the District Court case brought by Canon against Print-Rite alleging infringement of Canon’s patents.
Print-Rite says it’s entered into a settlement agreement with Canon that resolves both the ITC investigation and the District Court Case.
The firm says it’s finalizing its plans for introduction of redesigned toner cartridges that avoid Canon’s patents, and will inform its customers as soon as the new cartridges are available for sale. It says it’s been awarded numerous patents for its innovations and has over 2,200 patents and pending applications worldwide
Print-Rite Holdings Limited is a holding company for investing in the aftermarket-printer consumables industry and for companies to own and manage properties in Hong Kong, the People’s Republic of China, and the United Kingdom.
- Canon Successfully Concludes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Grand Image
- Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Campaign to the U.K.
- Canon Takes Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Russia
- Canon Wins Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Korean Supplies Maker AlphaChem
- Canon Wins Printer-Consumables Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Three Companies
- Canon Wins Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Suit Against Nectron
- Canon Files Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against Two U.K.-Based Companies
- Printronics Agrees Not to Sell Alleged Patent-Infringing Laser-Printer Supplies in the U.S.
- Canon Continues Fight Against Third-Party Toner-Cartridge Makers, this Time in France