New Epson Color Inkjet ‘Small-in-Ones’ with Broad Mobile Printing and Scanning Support
Epson America is introducing its next-generation of “Small-in-Ones” for home and home offices, the Epson Expression Premium XP-520 ($129.99 estimated street price), XP-620 ($149.99 estimated street price), and Expression XP-820 ($199.99 estimated street price) that use Epson’s MicroPiezo color-inkjet printing technology and Epson Claria Premium inks. The Expression Premium family is also equipped with Epson Connect, which enables users to access, print and scan documents, photos, email messages, and Web pages to and from tablets, smartphones, and computers from literally anywhere in the world when the printer has an Internet connection.
The new Expression Premium Small-in-Ones provide automatic two-sided printing and dedicated photo tray for printing photos up to 8”x10” in borderless format. Templates are also available for printing lined school paper, graph paper, calendar pages, and custom note paper that incorporate user photos – all without using a computer. Designed as complete wireless solutions, the Expression Premium printers feature built-in Wi-Fi Certified n3 and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity for wireless network-free printing, as well as built-in memory card slots and USB slots for PC-free printing.
The Expression Premium Small-in-Ones also enable users to edit, scan and share photos directly to Facebook and other popular cloud services all in one single workflow.
The flagship Expression XP-820 adds a 30-page Auto Document Feeder that supports automatic two-sided color copying, scanning, and faxing, specialty-paper support through a back paper feed, and a 4.3-inch touchscreen with gesture navigation. Other features include CD/DVD printing, Ethernet network interface, and a retractable auto-extend paper output tray to capture paper when printing remotely.
Other Expression Premium Small-in-One features include:
- Epson Connect, which is a suite of free mobile-printing solutions including Email Print, Epson Creative Print, EpsoniPrint, Epson Remote Print and Epson Scan to Cloud, to print documents, photos, emails and Web pages from remote locations to any Epson Connect-enabled printer
- Supports Android Printing, Kindle Fire Printing and Google Cloud Print.
- Epson Connect Solutions Finder is available to help users quickly determine and compare which mobile solution supports their mobile devices or printer
- Smudge-, scratch-, water- and fade resistant photos, up to 8” x 10” in borderless format.
- ISO print speeds of 14 (black)/11 (color) ppm, 13 (black)/10 (color) ppm, and 9.5 (black)/9 (color) ppm for the XP-820, XP-620 and XP-520, respectively.
- Print borderless 4” x 6” photos as fast as 12 seconds for the XP-820.
- Scanning resolution of up to 4,800 dpi (XP-820) and 2,400 dpi (XP-620/XP-520).
- Individual ink cartridges, so that users only to replace the depleted ink color, and high-capacity (XL) black and color ink cartridges.
- Eco-friendly features including Energy Star-certification, support for using recycled paper, RoHS-compliance, and product recycling.
The new Epson Expression Premium Small-in-Ones are available now through major retailer stores nationwide.