New Brother Small-Office Laser Printers and All-in-Ones Feature Faster Print Speeds, Cloud and Mobile Connectivity
Brother International U.S. is rolling out its newest monochrome laser printers and All-in-Ones for small-office and home-office (SOHO) users. The new models feature faster print speeds than their predecessors, as well as easy wireless setup, and mobile print and scan, and cloud connectivity. The new HL-L2360DW standalone printer has an estimated street price of $149.99 and replaces the HL-2270DW, while the new MFC-L2740DW All-in-One has an estimated street price of $299.99 and replaces the MFC-7860DW. Brother will also be introducing four other configurations of these two models at a later date (see below).
Brother says one of the primary upgrades to the single-function printers is the inclusion of a one-line LCD display that prompts users with instructions for connecting to a wireless network, and also improves menu navigation. Brother has also made automatic duplex printing standard on every model.
Select all-in-one models (the MFC-L2720DW and MFC-L2740DW) add a 2.7″ touch screen that further enhances setup and navigation and includes the Brother Web Connect interface, allowing users to scan to and print from a number of popular cloud-based document-storing and sharing Web sites from the All-in-One (the Brother device must have an Internet connection; see Brother’s Connect-Print-Share Web site here for more information).
For printing and scanning via mobile devices – Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone, and Blackberry devices – the new models also support AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, the Brother iPrint&Scan mobile app, Wi-Fi Direct printing, and Cortado Workplace.
The HL-L2360DW printer’s key features include:
- Easy 802.11b/g/n wireless configuration using a new one-line LCD display.
- Connect to a wired network via Ethernet port or to a single computer via Hi-Speed USB port.
- Automatic duplex (two-sided) printing.
- Rated print speed of up to 32 ppm.
- Mobile device printing from compatible Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows Phone devices.
- High-yield replacement toner cartridge that yield up to 2,600 pages.
- 250-sheet capacity paper tray for letter- or legal-size paper.
- One-year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of the printer.
- Estimated street price of $149.99.
For more information and complete specifications on the HL-L2360DW, visit Brother here.
Brother will also be introducing the HL-L2320D, without the LCD display, Ethernet port, wireless networking, or mobile device printing, and with print speeds up to 30 ppm. It will have an estimated street price of $119.99. The HL-L2380DW, available for $199.99, includes the features of the HL-L2360DW, plus convenience copying and scanning, as well as a 2.7″ touch screen with Web Connect and free Brother Cloud Apps.
The MFC-L2740DW is a monochrome laser All-in-One. It has all of the features of the HL-L2360DW listed above, plus:
- Copy, scan, and fax, as well as single-pass duplex copying, scanning, and faxing through the 35-page automatic document feeder.
- High-quality color scanning to a variety of destinations including FTP sites and Microsoft SharePoint.
- 2.7″ color touch screen with Web Connect that enables users to scan documents to popular cloud-based document-sharing and storing Web sites such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, OneDrive, OneNote, and more.
- Free Brother Cloud Apps that enable users to scan and convert documents directly from the All-in-One.
- Estimated street price is $299.99.
Brother will also be introducing the MFC-L2700DW at an estimated street price of $199.991; it has a two-line LCD display, and print/copy speed of up to 27 ppm and no single-pass duplex for copy,scan, or fax. The MFC-L2720DW, at an estimated street price of $249.99, includes the features of the MFC-L2740DW, without single-pass duplex copy/scan/fax and with a print/copy speed up to 30 ppm.