New Xerox DocuMate 4830 Scanner up to 67-Percent Faster
Xerox says its new DocuMate 4830 workgroup scanner ($2,220) now includes updated hardware that increases black-and-white scan speeds by 67 percent, from 30 to 50 ppm. Scan speed in duplex mode is 100 images per minute. The scanner has both an A3-size flatbed for scanning larger documents and a 75-page automatic document feeder through which long documents (up to 118 inches in length) can be scanned.
Xerox says the DocuMate 4830 makes it easy to scan batches of large and different-size documents while providing the automation and dependability needed for critical scanning applications. It was designed for users who require a flatbed and automatic document feeder for larger documents, but don’t have the throughput needs to justify a pricier model with production-level speeds that a service bureau might use.
Features of note include:
- Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection to minimize re-scans and catch double-feeds.
- Intelligent Image Correction reduces document-preparation time.
- Daily Duty Cycle of 3,000 pages a day to handle higher-volume needs.
- Certified TWAIN, ISIS and WIA drivers to enable communication with hundreds of enterprise content management (ECM) and document image management (DIM) software solutions.
- Visioneer Acuity software to provide advanced image enhancement.
- Visioneer DriverPLUS to enable integration with document-capture and workflow solutions.
- Bundled software includes Nuance PaperPort, OmniPage Pro and PDF Converter Pro.
The DocuMate 4830 is available through online Xerox channel partners, VARs and major resellers.