RISO Announces Industry’s First In-Line Full-Color Inkjet Print-To-Mail Solution
Riso, Inc. is announcing its launch of the commercial-print industry’s first in-line full color inkjet cut-sheet print-to-mail solution. The firm says its new ComColor 9150 or 7150 printer, in combination with its new Wrapping Envelope Finisher, automatically personalizes documents and envelopes, then addresses, folds, and assembles them into a completed, sealed mail piece – at rates of up to 2,200 completed pieces (single-page insert) of mail every hour. According to Riso, using this compact, self-contained system, documents that require either automated or manual folding and inserting can be easily printed, inserted, and post-office ready with basically the click of a mouse.
The Riso In-line Print-to-Mail Solution offers single-pass, variable-data mail production that can be used in a wide range of business, including educational and religious institutions that mail static or personalized (variable data) printed communications.
“With the introduction of the RISO In-line Print-to-Mail Solution, digital service providers can easily and efficiently convert an 8’ x 12’ area of floor space into an in-house white paper factory / mail center,” comments Richard Mattina, associate vice president of Riso marketing and business development. “Users can now produce colorful and personalized mail projects of virtually any volume, with a drastic reduction in time and direct labor costs. It’s a revenue stream just waiting to happen.”
Features of note include:
- Secure and confidential printing: Riso says the In-line Print to Mail Solution eliminates the need for barcoding and intelligent inserters. Printing insert and envelope at the same time, it’s said to increase mai-lpiece integrity, reduces operator intervention and processing errors, and minimize risk due to errors subject to regulations such as HIPAA/SOX/GLBA in healthcare, insurance, and finance industries.
- Automatically print, fold, insert, and seal: Up to five tri-folded letter-sized pages or three quad-folded legal-sized pages (20 lb. bond) can be wrapped and sealed in a single pass, producing a professionally finished mail piece.
Professional productivity: Provides speeds of up to 2,220 (single-page insert) mail pieces printed, fully wrapped and sealed per hour.
- Cost savings: Riso says the system provides low-cost color on both envelope and inserts to maximize cost savings of each mail run. Users can take advantage of all the postal discounts through the integration of address hygiene and pre-sort, CASS/PAVE Certified Mailing software.
- Space and energy-saving: Riso says the system’s small footprint easily fits into tight mailrooms, mail centers, and print shops. The system also doesn’t require a dedicated line, nor HVAC considerations, as it utilizes a standard wall outlet and does not generate heat as most toner-based systems do.
- World’s fastest full-color cut-sheet ink printer: When using the 9150 print engine that can be configured with Riso’s Envelope Wrapper, users also benefit from the ability to output up to 150 ppm of full-color variable-data output.
First showcased last fall at PRINT13, Riso says the In-line Print-to-Mail Solution simplifies personalization of direct-mail projects, making the RISO Wrapping Envelope Finisher an ideal solution for direct-mail houses and commercial print-service providers, as well as trans-promotional providers. The RISO In-line Print-to-Mail Solution is now available from RISO and its sales channel network worldwide. For more information, visit Riso here.