Brother Announces New Business Smart Plus Series of A3 Inkjet All-in-Ones, MFC-J5620DW
Brother International is announcing the first model in a new series of inkjet color All-in-Ones, called the Business Smart Plus Series. The first model is the MFC-J5620DW ($199.99 estimated street price), which will be available in October, and which has a dedicated paper tray for 11″x17″ A3-size media. Brother will also be introducing the MFC-J5720DW ($249.991), which adds single-pass duplex scanning and copying, a second paper tray for a total capacity of 500 sheets, and an up to 50-sheet automatic document feeder.
Brother says the MFC-J5620DW has a number of ways to help a small business contain printing costs. Most notably, Super High-yield replacement ink cartridges can help lower cost per page by providing a yield of up to 2,400 pages black and 1,200 pages color, which is up to four times the output of High-yield ink cartridges (Brother hasn’t yet provided cost of the cartridges, so we cannot at this time calculate actual cost per page). Automatic two-sided duplex printing can also help reduce an overall printing budget by lowering paper consumption and costs when compared to single-sided printing.
The MFC-J5620DW provides an adjustable paper tray that holds up to 250 sheets of paper sizes up to 11″ x 17″, as well as an all-new Multi-Purpose Tray that enables easy printing on specialty paper or envelopes without changing the paper in the main tray. The Multi-Purpose Tray can also hold up to 80 sheets of 8.5″x11″ paper or up to five sheets of 11″x17″ paper. There’s also a 35-sheet automatic document feeder.
Brother rates the MFC-J5620DW at up to up to 22 (black)/20 (color) ppm using the ISO/IEC 24734 test standard.
Other features include: mobile printing, cloud-based services, and Ethernet and wireless networking.
“With our new Business Smart Plus Series, we’re building on the success of the Business Smart Series, and further focusing on features important to our small business customers: controlling printing costs, multiple paper-handling options, and fast print speeds,” commented Eric Dahl, Brother Director of Marketing. “These models are a smart choice for businesses interested in keeping color printing budgets in line, but wanting a fully featured device with enhanced connectivity to help boost productivity.”
The MFC-J5620DW Color Inkjet All-in-One’s other key features include:
- 3.7″ color touch screen with integrated keypad and swipe functionality.
- Mobile device printing from compatible Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows Phone mobile devices. Users may also print via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, the free Brother iPrint&Scan app, Wi-Fi Direct, and Cortado Workplace.
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n, Ethernet and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces.
- Brother’s Landscape Print Technology, so that the All-in-One stores and feeds paper in a landscape orientation for a space-saving design.
- Web Connect enables users to scan to cloud-based document storage and sharing sites, including Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.com, Evernote, Evernote Business, OneDrive, One Note, and more.
- Free Brother Cloud Apps enable users to capture and convert documents directly from the MFC-J5620DW.
- Two-year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of the product
For more information and complete specifications, visit Brother here.