Top News for the Week of 7/28/2014 – Printer, MFP Revenue Slips at Xerox; OKI, Konica Minolta MFP and Printer Revenue Up; More
In this week’s financial news, Konica Minolta, OKI, Epson, and Kyocera continue to roll along, steadily rebounding from the effects of the recession and appearing poised for future growth now that their customers’ budget restraints appear to be slowly loosening. Of note with most of these vendors is that they offer workflow solutions that can be easily integrated into existing document-processing workflows, significantly streamlining those document processes, which should ultimately enable these vendors to continue to move more hardware.
This week in New York, Wirth Consulting got a sneak peek at new business-inkjet offerings from Epson. We won’t be able to write about these new offerings until the fall, but be prepared to see the company make some waves in the office-imaging market.
By now, we all know that Amazon doesn’t fool around. The fact that the company has embraced 3D printing by offering a 3D-printing service means that it’s most likely here to stay, and it will likely drive the sales of 3D printers, scanners, and accessories. In case you didn’t know, a quick look at Amazon’s product line includes 3D-imaging devices from Makerbot, RepRap, Printrbot, Solidoodle, FlashForge, and others. Amazon’s new 3D-printing customization store adds an interesting new twist to its 3D-imaging offerings.
- Xerox’s Earnings Down for Second Quarter Due to Lower MFP and Printer Sales – Read more here.
- OKI Printer and MFP Business Enjoys ‘Drastic Improvement’ in Latest Quarter – Read more here.
- Sales Growth in Konica Minolta’s Copier/MFP Group ‘Drives Growth’ for Entire Company – Read more here.
- MFP Sales Growth up at Kyocera, but Total Company Earnings Down – Read more here.
- Revenue and Earnings Exceed Epson’s Expectations for Latest Quarter – Read more here.
New Products and Solutions
- New Ricoh App for Google Cloud Print Mobile Printing for Ricoh Business-Class Printers and Multifunctionals – Read more here.
- Print Audit’s Next-Generation Facilities Manager Adds Enhanced Device Alerts – Read more here.
- Amazon Opens 3D Printing Store for Customizing Fashion Accessories, Home Decor, Toys, and More – Read more here.
- Epson Beefs up Managed Print Service Offerings with Support for ECi FMAudit – Read more here.
- Epson Shipping SureColor F7170 Dye-Sub Wide-Format Textile Printer – Read more here.
- Dispatcher Phoenix Finance Now Available for Konica Minolta MFPs – Read more here.
- Canon Extends imagePROGRAF Large-Format Lineup with Six New Models – Read more here.
- Copier Careers: Longer Hours, Stagnating Compensation for Copier Service Management – Read more here.
The Third Dimension