Epson Introduces First A3 Inkjet Printers with Continuous Ink Supply System
Epson Middle East is launching its first A3 color printers (print on up to 11″x17″ media) that feature its continuous ink supply system (CISS). Available in the Middle East, the new L1300 is a four-color A3 printer, designed to deliver low-cost printing to offices with high print volumes, while the L1800 is designed for photographers, advertising agencies, and other small offices with its six-color printing.
Epson says the printers’ high-capacity user-refillable ink tanks enable users to keep their printing costs low, increase productivity, and reduce downtime. Each printer’s purpose-built ink tank is fully integrated into the printer. Khalil El-Dalu, general manager for Epson Middle East, says: “Promising fast results and little maintenance, the L1300 delivers cost-effective and hassle-free printing of advertising materials, CAD drawings, graphics, and reports, perfect for corporate office, retail, and education environments. The L1800 is ideal for printing photos and color documents for homes, offices, and professional photographers wanting to print in high volumes.”
Both printers come with a 12-month (or 30,000-page) warranty and service support, and are Energy Star-qualified. Epson says the L1300 can print up to 7,100 pages in black and 5,700 pages in color without needing an ink refill, while the L1800 can print up to 1,500 color photos without needing an ink refill.
Key features include:
- Uses Epson’s Micro Piezo inkjet printing.
- With the L1300 (30/17 black/color ppm), five 70 ml Epson ink bottles are included (cyan, magenta, and yellow, plus two black ink bottles.
- With the L1800, six ink bottles are included (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black, plus two photo colors).
- Print up to 7,100 pages in black and 5,700 pages in color with the L1300.
- Print up to 1,500 photos with the L1800.
- Warranty is good for one year or 30,000 pages.
- Print A3-size photos as fast as 191 seconds with the L1800.
- Ink cartridges can be refilled by users.
- Report: Project CISS with Photo Gallery and Videos! Continuous Ink-Supply System Inkjet System Printers – How Do they Stack Up?