Top News for the Week of 7/7/2014 – Konica Minolta Strategy Conference, Canon Announces New Industry Group for Deterring Patent Trolls, More
This week, we visited with Konica Minolta, which gave us an intriguing snapshot of not only where the company is now, but where it’s headed – and that’s everything from production printing, to A4, managed IT services, cloud and mobile solutions, and 3D printing.
Meanwhile, Canon and Xerox each addressed some of the bad guys in the industry. Canon is taking action against patent trolls via a new organization, the LOT Network, while Xerox reports on how it’s going after printer/MFP counterfeiters of supplies such as toner cartridges.
Some say mobile printing will never “take off,” but we don’t agree – people need and want to print from their mobile devices, but often find it confusing, or difficult. While many vendors support printing from Apple mobile devices, more Android mobile users are on the rise. This week, both Canon and Brother International introduced compatibility with Android version 4.4 (KitKat).
New Products and Solutions
- Konica Minolta Lays Out Compelling Roadmap for Printing: from Production, to Office, A4, and 3D Printing – Read more here.
- Konica Minolta Launches Flagship Digital Color bizhub Press C1100 Rated at up to 100 PPM – Read more here.
- New FileAssist Cloud-Based Document Storage and Sharing for Production Printing from Konica Minolta – Read more here.
- New Canon Color MFPs Feature New V2 Color Profile for Wider Color Range – Read more here.
- New Canon Print Service for Mobile Printing from Android 4.4 and Select HP Slate Tablets – Read more here.
- Canon Refreshes CanoScan LiDE Scanner Line with Two New Models – Read more here.
- New Enhanced Secure Pull-Printing Solution for Ricoh MFPs – Read more here.
- New Cortado Cloud App for Mobile Printing; Mobile Printing for 3D Printers on the Way – Read more here.
- Brother Launches Seven New Printers and All-in-Ones Certified for Mopria Mobile Printing – Read more here.
- Canon, Google Announce New Cooperative Patent-Licensing Agreement and LOT Group Designed to Stop Patent Trolls – Read more here.
- Xerox Supporting Raids Against Black-Market Printer and Copier Consumables’ Suppliers Around the World – Read more here.
- U.S. Air Force Selects HP for Printers under Five-Year Contract; HP Also Extends Global Hardware Contract with Shell – Read more here.
- R.J. Young Gets Ricoh Direct Accounts in Florida -. Read more here.
- GE Capital Expands Financing to Sharp Independent Office-Imaging Dealers – Read more here.