Top News for the Week of 6/30/2014 – Good News for Production Printing; Average Copier Sales-Manager Compensation; More
Is this a trend? It sure seems like it. Last week, we reported on IDC research showing that the worldwide large-format printer market enjoyed its third consecutive quarter of growth in terms of both unit shipments and shipment value (7.4 percent and 3.7 percent respectively) for first-quarter 2014. This week, IDC delivered more good news, this time for the worldwide production-printing market. Turning to the office, last month, IDC also reported that the worldwide office printer/MFP/copier market also recorded its third consecutive quarter of growth (see here).
Interesting fact of the week: HP isn’t just toner and ink, of course; it says it’s the United States’ largest provider of Medicaid and Medicare process-management services, administering $140 billion in benefits a year.
New Products and Solutions
- Canon Launches Entry Level Oce VarioStream 7170 and 7110 Specialty Printing Systems – Read more here.
- New Xerox Document Scanners Use Image-Processing Chip for Faster Document Scanning – Read more here.
- Epson to Market Inkjet Mobile Printers, Introduces PX-S05 – Read more here.
- Metrofuser Introduces Remanufactured HP Printers, ‘MpsClass,’ Available for Dealers Only – Read more here.
- Lexmark’s Perceptive Software Launches MICR Printing Solution for Secure Printing – Read more here.
- Copier Careers: Average Copier Sales-Manager Compensation is $143,735 Annually – Read more here.
- IDC: Global Production-Printing Market Achieves Double-Digit Growth in First-Quarter 2014 – Read more here.
- OEM Toner-Cartridge Revenues Increase in Western Europe – Read more here.
- Five Vendors Named Global Leaders in Managed Print Services – Read more here.
- Samsung Smart Printers and All-in-Ones with Mobile Printing Now Available at Office Superstores – Read more here.
- Toner Remanufacturers Clover and MSE Announce Merger – Read more here.
- HP Wins $147 Million Medicaid Contract Extension with State of Delaware – Read more here.
- Jeff Jacobson is New President of Xerox Technology Business – Read more here.