New Canon imageFORMULA DR-M16011 Equipped with Scan to Cloud, MS SharePoint
Canon U.S.A. today the addition of a new office-document scanner, the imageFORMULA DR-M160II ($1,195 MSRP), which scans at up to 60 ppm, and can scan both sides of a document in a single pass.
Canon says it’s equipped the imageFORMULA DR-M160II with features that help improve legibility, mixed-batch scanning, and data searching. For hard-to-capture documents, such as hand-written notes and receipts, Character Emphasis will “pull through” the text or image so the information is clear and easy to read. The Auto Resolution feature automatically adjusts the output resolution of mixed batches of documents and photographs to improve image quality, while reducing the file size for easier storage. With Optical Character Recognition, scanned documents are converted into digital content that can be edited and searched.
An upgrade to Kofax Virtual ReScan (VRS) Elite software is also included with the DR-M160II scanner at no additional charge. Kofax VRS Elite helps reduce the time involved in manual document preparation and enhances scanned images. It also automatically examines documents and applies the correct settings to deliver higher-quality scanned images.
Bundled Software Applications
The imageFORMULA DR-M160II scanner is bundled with both Canon and third-party software applications designed help to simplify document scanning and information distribution, maximize image quality and scanner performance, share information directly from the scanner with cloud applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, and create and edit PDF files.
The imageFORMULA DR-M160II scanner can scan a broad range of originals, from large, over-size documents, to embossed plastic cards, thanks to a new roller system designed for more reliable scanning.
- Scans up to 60 ppm.
- Single-pass duplex scanning – scan both sides of a sheet in one pass.
- 60-sheet automatic document feeder.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 9.09″ x 11.02″ x 9.76″ (with trays closed).
- Weight: 7.05 lbs.
- LED control panel.
- One-touch access to pre-configured customizable scan tasks.
- Easy interior access for cleaning and maintenance.
- Double-feed and non-feed prevention.
- Can handle embossed plastic cards, thick or thin sheets, and long or over-size documents.
- Character Emphasis features improves legibility.
- Shadow cropping.
- Background smoothing.
- Auto Resolution setting for scanning mixed batches of text documents and photographs.
- Bundled Software Solutions: Windows ISIS / TWAIN and Mac TWAIN drivers; OCR.
- Canon CaptureOnTouch (Windows or Mac).
- Pre-configure repetitive scan jobs.
- One-touch scanning.
- Full Auto mode – automatically adjusts multiple settings with a single click.
- Scan to cloud applications – scan to Microsoft SharePoint, Evernote, Google Docs.
- PDF/A format output.
- Canon CapturePerfect 3.1 (Windows).
- Kofax Virtual ReScan (VRS) Elite (Windows).
- Nuance eCopy PDF Office Pro (Windows).
- PDF encryption and password protection.
- One year warranty included – Advanced Exchange Service.
- Optional eCarePAK extended service available.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Canon here.