Konica Minolta Rolls Out Two-Engine bizhub PRESS 2250P for Production Print
Konica Minolta says the bizhub PRESS 2250P builds upon the bizhub PRESS 1250 series, which includes LED imaging and Simitri HD toner for true 1,200 x1,200 dpi print resolution. Printing at up to 250 duplex impressions per minute (15,000 per hour), the bizhub PRESS 2250P is designed for long-run digital printing for improved turnaround times on all print jobs. Konica Minolta also says the bizhub PRESS 2250P delivers accurate registration and the best black-and-white image quality available, while also supporting a wide array of substrate types and weights, and a broad range of inline document-finishing options.
The bizhub PRESS 2250P also supports Konica Minolta’s EngageIT Automation and EngageIT XMedia (cross-media) software platforms. Part of the company’s EnvisionIT Production solution offering, these solution platforms aim to help print production and service providers maximize profits through increased workflow efficiency, and expand their capabilities to help their end-customers leverage the power of multi-channel marketing.
The bizhub PRESS 2250P’s other features of note include:
- Duplex print/copy output of 250 impressions per minute, with dual digital press engines in a single configuration to save space on the production floor.
- 1,200 x 1,200 dpi resolution with 256 gray-scale for black-and-white digital printing with sharper text, denser black fills, and smoother halftone images.
- “Pinpoint” image quality control that includes seven selectable screen settings and a “Use CIE Color” feature for improved photo printing.
- Real-time Image Density and Toner Ratio sensors that maintain image stability over long press runs.
- Built-in print controller for ultra-fast job processing, and 15” color touch-screen display with simple menus for operation without special training.
- Uses Konica Minolta’s Simitri HD toner with biomass to reduce environmental impact.
- 18,000-sheet maximum paper capacity.
Visit Konica Minolta here for more information and complete specifications.
“The bizhub PRESS 2250P was designed to outperform existing monochrome presses in the marketplace by delivering the three leading qualities that print providers are looking for – speed, quality and flexibility – not to mention the reliability that comes with the Konica Minolta brand name,” says Kevin Kern, senior vice president of Marketing for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.