New HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One and ePrinter; All-in-One Eligible for Instant Ink Program
Hewlett-Packard is announcing new small-business color inkjets, the HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One ($179.99) and HP Officejet Pro 6230 ePrinter ($99). With the Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One, customers can enroll in HP’s Instant Ink ink-cartridge-subscription program.
Instant Ink is HP’s ink-cartridge replacement service that it says saves customers up to 50 percent on ink costs. Under the program, customers can enroll in one of three monthly plans allowing the printer to order original HP replacement ink cartridges before ink runs out. The plans are based on the number of pages printed, not cartridges used, and customers pay the same monthly fee whether they print black-and-white documents, color documents, or photos. The three plans are as follows:
- For $2.99 per month, print up to 50 pages. Each additional 15 pages is $1.
- For $4.99 per month print up to 100 pages. Each additional 20 pages is $1.
- For $9.99 per month print up to 300 pages. Each additional 25 pages is $1.
HP’s Instant Ink program is currently available in the United States and United Kingdom, and will be expanded to additional countries later this year.
The new inkjets also feature a full suite of mobile-printing solutions, including wireless direct printing (print without accessing a network), HP ePrint (print-job submission via email), AirPrint, Android printing, Samsung inOS printing, and Google Cloud Print.
The Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One features color print, copy, scan, and fax, as well as Web connectivity and touch screen.
The HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One will be available in Asia-Pacific and Japan starting July 1st, with world-wide availability continuing throughout the year. The HP Officejet Pro 6230 ePrinter will be available worldwide on September 1st.
Key specifications for the Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One include:
- ISO speeds: Up to 18 ppm black, Up to 10 ppm color
- Scan resolution: Up to 1,200 x 1,200 dpi hardware; Up to 1,200 dpi optical
- Copy resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi black (text and graphics); Up to 600 x 600 dpi color (text and graphics)
- Display: 2.65” (6.75 cm) CGD touchscreen
- Standard connectivity :1 USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Ethernet;1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n; 1 RJ-11 fax
- Duty cycle: Up to 15,000 pages
- Borderless: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 279 mm)
- Maximum monthly duty cycle: 15,000 pages
- 35-page automatic document feeder
- Uses HP 934 Black Officejet Print Cartridge (yields ~400 pages); HP 934XL Black Officejet Print Cartridge (yields ~1.000 pages); HP 935 CMY Officejet Print Cartridge (yields ~400 pages); HP 935XL CMY Officejet Print Cartridge (yields ~825 pages)
For more information and complete specifications on the Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One, visit HP here.
The Officejet Pro 6230 ePrinter is the same as the All-in-One, but is a printer only. More information and complete specifications are available here.