Canon imagePRESS C800/C700 Now Available in Europe, Japan
Last month, Canon Europe reported that the imagePRESS C800/C700 light-production, cut-sheet digital color-printing systems are now available in Europe; the imagePRESS C800/C700 are now also available in Japan.
The 70-ppm imagePRESS C700 and 80-ppm imagePRESS C800 are said to incorporate technology and proven technology from the flagship Canon imagePRESS C7011VP(S) to deliver advanced levels of print quality, productivity, and versatility in both commercial and in-house print environments.
Positioned between the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9000 Series and the imagePRESS C6011(S) in Canon’s color digital-press portfolio, the imagePRESS C800 Series can print on heavyweight coated stocks as large as 13″x19″ (A3+) and envelopes, the latter of which is a first for Canon. A new document-folding option also enables customers to produce pamphlets and tri-fold brochures. The systems are designed to handle everything from short runs, to complex variable data printing (VDP) for personalized print communications.
Canon says the imagePRESS C800/C700 produce exceptional print quality is due to:
- Canon’s newly developed Consistently Vivid (CV) toner, which delivers higher quality print at speeds of up to 80 ppm (imagePRESS C800) and provides improved transfer efficiency for enhanced color consistency and accuracy across a wide variety of media, including embossed and rough paper surfaces.
- Compact Registration Technology (CRT), which ensures that every image is placed in the same location every time on every sheet for the highest quality results, whether printing one sheet or thousands.
- A 32-beam Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) unit with multi-exposure technology, which delivers 2,400 x 2,400 dpi resolution, and allows customers to choose from a selection of the most versatile screen patterns available.
- New Auto Correct Colour Tone (ACCT) for multidimensional mixed color-calibration, and the upgraded Auto Gradation Adjustment (AGA), a color-calibration tool, which enable printers to provide their customers with high-value applications.
- Achieving high production speeds of up to 80 ppm on a wide range of media thanks to Advanced Twin Belt Fusing unit, the imagePRESS C800 Series can run at maximum speed on heavy stock up to 220gsm without sacrificing print quality. There’s also induction heating and cooling technologies that enable the device to make intelligent temperature adjustments to achieve high productivity with mixed-media jobs. The imagePRESS C800/C700 can produce two-sided duplex print jobs on heavy weight media up to 300 gsm with accurate front to back registration, enabling printers to handle more demanding jobs without manual intervention.
- Increasing toner transfer efficiency, the the imagePRESS C800/C700’s Elastic Intermediate Transfer Belt provides enhanced media-handling capabilities and allows the systems to print on uneven media, such as textured or recycled media.
- Advanced page-feeding technology, in the form of a new multi-drawer paper deck with three new technologies, prevents misfeeds even of coated stock. According to Canon, blowing air at different speeds, depending on the type and weight of paper, together with a new separation control system and new materials in the unit, virtually eliminates paper jams.
Three digital front ends (DFEs) are available: the Canon imagePRESS Printer Kit B1 for easy production of high-quality print jobs; the PRISMAsync iPR C800 Series A1 for a single point of control for the entire production workflow with intuitive operation and efficient task splitting; and the imagePRESS Server F200 and imagePRESS Server G100, two new digital front ends developed by Electronics for Imaging (EFI). These DFEs are the first built on EFI’s new Fiery FS150 Pro and FS150 platforms respectively and offer faster processing, enhanced image quality and easy- automated workflows.
A range of in-line document-finishing capabilities for the imagePRESS C800/C700 are available, as are optional third-party in-line document-finishing devices.