Lexmark Extends A3 ‘Smart’ Product Family with MS911, MX910 Series
Lexmark International today extended its A3 “Smart” monochrome product family with the MS911 monochrome laser printer series, and the Lexmark MX910 monochrome laser MFP series, all designed for high-usage environments, and featuring long-life components, enterprise security, and advanced-finishing options. The new models will be available through Lexmark dealers; Lexmark has not released pricing.
Features in common for all of the new models include:
- Maximum paper capacity of up to 6,650 sheets.
- “Shake-free” toner cartridges and long-life components that require fewer interventions.
- Document-finishing options, such as multi-position stapler and hole puncher, as well as automated document-folding with saddle stitch binding
- Encrypted hard drive, optional user authentication, and automatic hard-drive wiping.
The MX910 MFP series features mononchrome network print, monochrome copy, color and network scan, and fax. Other features include:
- Print on up to SRA3 / 12″x18″ media.
- Rated at up to 45 ppm.
- 200,000-page maximum monthly duty cycle.
- Gigabit Ethernet, USB and optional parallel ports; optional wireless and mobile printing.
- Uses a high-yield toner cartridge that yields up to 32,000 pages.
- Lexmark e-Task color touch screen.
Included apps accessible at the touch screen consist of:
- Lexmark Card Copy – Scan each side of ID cards and either print both sides on one side of a single sheet of paper, or email the scan to an email address.
- Lexmark Change Language – Change the display language used on the operator panel menus from the home screen.
- Lexmark Forms and Favorites – Access required online forms from any Lexmark MFP. From the touch screen, users can navigate through form categories or search based on a form number, name, or description. This saves time through on-demand retrieval and printing, with bookmarking capabilities. The app also provides security through device-authentication methods, with the functionality for user personal identification numbers (PINs).
- Lexmark Multi Send – Scan a paper document once and route the digital image file to multiple destinations simultaneously. With the tap of a button, users can send scanned documents to email addresses, network folders, FTP sites, fax machines, electronic document archives, or other secure network locations, and a delivery confirmation is produced. Capture and routing functionalities include automatic archiving, profile (user) management, and custom confirmation distribution.
- Lexmark MyShortcut – Create personalized shortcuts for frequent copy, fax, and email tasks. Users name shortcuts and choose the icon used. This app saves a user’s document settings, email addresses, and fax phone numbers so they don’t have to be re-entered. It’s ideal for mono only, coping, group faxing, emailing list and any other repetitive tasks.
- Lexmark Scan to Network – Convert hardcopy files to digital files; files are automatically routed to a shared network folder, and are immediately available to anyone with network access. Thirty unique folder destinations are available.
- Lexmark Web Services Scan – Scan images to a Windows 7 PC. The PC must be networked and have Web Services enabled in order to accept scans from the Lexmark MFP.
The MS911 is the printer-only version of MX910, and features Change Background, Change Language, Forms and Favorites, and Eco Settings. Eco Settings lets users choose from multiple print settings to reduce energy, paper, and toner consumption. Eco-Settings features Eco Mode to automatically set duplex printing and power-saver levels as defaults. With the Power Saver setting, users set the number of minutes the device will wait before powering down the print engine.