OKI: New ‘Executive Series’ A3 Color Multifunctionals for BTA Designed to Beat Competition
With OKI’s smart Extendable Platform, customers can add optional solutions such as:
- PaperCut MF – This solution provides rules-based printing (enforce rules such as duplex printing, black-and-white printing only, etc.), automatic routing of large print jobs to lower-cost printers or MFPs, pull-printing, and departmental charge-back for printing. PaperCutMF can serve as a campus card-billing system, automatically charging students for prints, copies, scans, and faxes.
- DocuWare – Provides integration with DocuWare document management. Customers can create DocuWare personal-scanning destinations, and scan directly to DocuWare file cabinets and baskets.
- drive/image – Customers can configure automated scan workflows to PCs, file servers, document-management systems, enterprise content-management systems, database systems, and fax servers. Also provided is Zonal OCR, barcode-workflow automation, convert scanned files to PDFs, and Microsoft Word and Excel files, as well as create secure and encrypted PDFs and PDF/A files
- OpenText RightFax – Customers can scan to their fax server directly from the MFP control panel.
Other add-on solutions include OKI Print Job Account Enterprise, OKI Print SuperVision 4.0, Lantronix xPrint Server, Brooks Intelliscribe, Brooks Excelliprint, Brooks Remote Print Manager, and Jamex Vending Hardware.
What about cost per page? Based on MSRP pricing from OKI for four toner CYMK cartridges, four CYMK developer units, and a black/color image drum, MSRP cost per page for black is 0.4 cents, and MSRP cost per page for color is cents is 3.3 cents, but ultimately, cost per page will be determined by dealers.
Key specifications for the ES9465 and ES9475 include:
- A3 MFP with LED-based print engine.
- Maximum monthly volume up to 225,000 pages.
- Print, copy and scan with optional Super Group 3 fax.
- Print in black-and-white in color at up to 35 ppm with the ES9465, and at up to 50 ppm with the ES9475.
- First copy out as fast as 6.1 seconds for color, and 4.7 seconds for black-and-white.
- Warm-up time as fast as 27 seconds from Power On, 12 seconds from Sleep Mode.
- Automatic duplex printing and copying.
- Standard 100-sheet reversing automatic document feeder (RADF).
- A3-size color scanner (11″ x 17″ scan area).
- Tiltable control panel with 9″ color touch screen and full-size QWERTY-style keyboard,
- Incorporates OKI’s smart Extendable Platform for integration with optional applications.
- PCL 6, PCL 5c/5e, and PostScript 3 emulation print drivers.
- Self-encrypting, 320-GB hard drive with 256-bit data encryption. Data stored on the hard drive is only accessible when the drive is installed on the MFP it’s been originally installed on.
- Security options include: data-overwrite enabler for the hard drive; IPSec Enabler; and TWN-4-P/TWN-4-PI multi-format card readers for user authentication.
- Prints on up to 100 lb. (270 gsm) cover stock and on 12″ x 47″ banner sheets.
- Scan to filing box, shared folder, hard drive, USB, and email (LDAP/SMTP), FTP/HTTP server; WS scan.
- Standard 1,200 sheet paper capacity expandable up to 3,200 sheets.
- Optional Inner Finisher, Saddle-Stitch Finisher, Multi-Stapler Finisher, Hole-Punch Unit, Large Capacity Feeder (adds 3,200 sheets), Paper Feed Pedestal (adds 1.750 sheets), Paper Feed Pedestal with Drawer Module (adds 2,300 sheets), Job Separator, Wireless LAN; and Multi-format Card Readers.
- 5-Year limited warranty on LED print heads.