OKI: New ‘Executive Series’ A3 Color Multifunctionals for BTA Designed to Beat Competition
OKI Data Americas is today launching its new Executive Series (ES), the ES9465 and ES9475, two workgroup A3 color MFPs that use OKI’s LED-based print engine and are designed exclusively for the Business Technology Association (BTA) channel. According to OKI executives during an OKI “First Look 2014″ Webinar presented last week, the two new A3 MFPs are copier-based MFPs that are based on an OKI LED print engine, are designed to complement OKI’s A4 MFP lineup, and provide several competition-busting features, including standard paper and document handling that’s typically optional with competitors. They feature a consistent user experience with OKI’s A4 MPFs, including a very similar touch-screen (in this case, a 9” color touch screens for the ES9465 and ES9475), and similar servicing. The new ES MFPs also incorporate “smart” A4 MFPs’ smart Extendable Platform (OKI’s open-development platform for adding optional solutions).
MSRP for the ES9465, which prints at up to 35 ppm in black and color, is $22,879, and $28,078 for the ES9475, which prints at up to 50 ppm in black and color and is OKI Data’s fastest color MFP to date. The new ES MFPs replace the 35-ppm CX-3535 and 45-ppm CX-4545, respectively.
OKI is counting on several provisions to set the ES9465 and ES9475 apart from other competitive A3 color MFPs:
- The MFPs ship with standard hIgh-yield toner cartridges (the black toner cartridge yields up to 32,000 pages, while each cyan, yellow, and magenta toner cartridge yields up to 28,000 pages).
- A standard reversing automatic document feeder (RADF) with a 100-page capacity – RADFs are often optional with many MFPs.
- A standard 1,200-sheet paper capacity – other MFPs typically have only a 500-sheet or 550-sheet standard capacity.
- Better reliability with LED printing, as LED printers have fewer moving parts that can potentially malfunction, resulting in fewer service calls and greater uptime.
- Exceptionally easy set-up – OKI says the MFPs can be operational from “out of the box” in just 45 minutes.
- Available service kits, including Preventive Maintenance (PM) kits. Toner cartridges, imaging drums, and developing units can be replaced without the use of tools.
- Lower energy consumption with LED printing.
OKI has been previewing the ES9465 and ES9475 to BTA dealers, and says the MFPs have been well-received by dealers. It says the ES9465 and ES9475 will also serve to fill gaps in dealers’ product lines, and will also enhance OKI’s A4 workgroup MFP lineup, which, according to OKI, has been “taking off,” with sales up to more than triple what the company had previously expected.