In ‘Disruptive’ Move, HP Will Bring Page-Wide Color Inkjet Printing to Large-Format Production Printing
- Produce A1/D-size black-and-white or color prints in 21 seconds.
- 2,400 x 1,200 optimized dpi resolution.
- Intel Core i5M-260 CPU, and 128 GB of memory.
- Two automatic front-loading roll feeds -(200 m (650 feet) long each and 180 mm (7.1 inches) of diameter.
- Integrated output stacker – accommodates from A4/A to AO/E prints, with up to 100 A1/D-size capacity.
- Self-encrypting 500-GB hard drive with AES-256, Secure Disk Erase, and IPsec.
- Administrators can control access to printing with user authentication (users must enter a PIN at the touch screen).
- Uses dye-based cyan, gray, magenta, yellow, and photo-black inks, and pigment-based black ink, and six ink cartridges (cyan, gray, magenta, matte black, photo black, yellow). Total ink capacity is 1,800 ml.
- Scan speed is rated at up to 6.35 cm/second (2.5 inches/second) in color, and at up to 19.05 cm/second (7.5 inches/second) in grayscale mode.
- Scanning includes batch-scanning, multi-page PDF creation, and scan-to-email.
- Compatibility with HPs new Designjet Universal Print Driver, which allows administrators users to manage their entire HP Designjet fleet with a standardized single print driver, reducing time and cost spent in testing and deployment, and keeping software across all HP Designjet printers up-to-date.
- Compatibility with HP Web Jetadmin.
For more information and complete specifications on the Designjet T3500, visit HP here.
HP Designjet T7200 Production Printer
The Designjet T7200 is a full-color 42″ large-format printer built for CRDs and reprographic houses with high-volume print loads. It can produce both color and black-and-white prints on a wide range of media, from bond to glossy photo paper, with a low cost of operation HP says is comparable to that of monochrome LED-based printers.
- Print up to four D/A1-size pages per minute.
- Two roll feeds (upgradeable to three), automatic roll switching, rolls up to 200 m (650 feet) each.
- 64 GB of memory, and 320-GB hard drive.
- Compatibility with HPs new Designjet Universal Print Driver.
- Compatibility with HP Web Jetadmin.
- Print up to 1,968 feet (600 m) uninterrupted with high-capacity HP ink cartridges and three heavy paper rolls.
- Uses dye-based cyan, gray, magenta, yellow, photo black inks, and pigment-based black ink, and six ink cartridges (cyan, gray, magenta, matte black, photo black, yellow).
For more information and complete specifications on the Designjet T7200, visit HP here.
Also new is HP Designjet SmartStream, a software program that streamlines the printing workflow. HP says Designjet SmartStream software makes print management more efficient by streamlining workflow for highly demanding print environments. It provides true PDF management, along with accurate and error-free prints with Designjet SmartStream’s Crystal Preview feature. According to HP, Designjet SmartStream can reduce print-job preparation time by up to 50 percent for multi-page print jobs.
Options for both new Designjets include the new HP Designjet HD Pro Scanner, stacker, and online folder.
Both HP Designjet printers are currently available worldwide. Estimated starting list prices for the Designjet T3500 Production eMFP and Designjet T7200 are $14,750 and $12,644, respectively. More PageWide large-format printers will be on the way in the second half of 2015. The HP Designjet SmartStream Pre-Flight Manager and Controllers are expected to be available worldwide on June 30th for estimated starting list prices of $1,295 and $795, respectively.
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article stated that the new Designjet T3500 and Designjet T7200 use PageWide printing, which is incorrect. The article above has been updated with the correct information. We apologize for the error.
- HP Targeting New 70-PPM Officejet Enterprise Inkjets at Large Workgroups, Enterprises
- Guinness World Record Set as HP’s Officejet Pro X Series Named World’s Fastest Office Color Desktop Printer – and We Were There!
- HP Announces 70-PPM Officejet Pro X Series with New Page-Wide Inkjet Print Head