EFI Launches ‘Most Advanced’ Controller to Date, New Fiery Pro FS150 Pro
Electronics for Imaging (EFI) has launched its newest Fiery platform for cut-sheet digital production-printing systems, the Fiery FS150 Pro digital front end (DFE), which EFI says provides faster print-job processing, unsurpassed image quality, seamless MIS/ERP integration, and even easier to use automated workflows.
The Fiery FS150 Pro features Fiery HyperRIP, which enhances performance by simultaneously processing a print job on four processor cores. As a result, EFI says users can get their full-color digital print jobs processed up to 55 percent faster than with Fiery-driven presses without HyperRIP.
“With the new FS150 Pro technology, we dramatically improve the already industry-leading processing time of Fiery DFEs,” said John Henze, vice president of Fiery marketing for EFI. “That best-in-class Fiery performance, combined with easy-to-use automated workflows, gives in-plant print departments and commercial printers the power to complete work faster with outstanding accuracy, even on complex jobs.”
The Fiery FS150 Pro DFE has all of the advanced imaging features that made its predecessor the first DFE platform to carry a 100 percent perfect-pass label from VIGC’s PDF RIP Audit. EFI says users can have more confidence than ever before that their printed output matches the designer’s intent on the first print – including a new unique grayscale-composite overprint feature that ensures correct monochrome printing of overprints, drop shadows, and transparencies.
Fiery ImageViewer, an application that allows users to view full-resolution raster data in real time, and adjust the final-raster output before printing, now includes the ability to save last-minute color adjustments so that future jobs that require the same type of color correction can be produced faster.
More Job Automation
The latest version of Fiery Command WorkStation software included with the Fiery FS150 Pro DFE puts automated production controls at users’ fingertips. According to EFI, server-based automated workflows are easy for system administrators to set up and deploy, allowing operators to produce jobs in fewer clicks and with reduced errors.
The Fiery FS150 Pro DFE also integrates with EFI’s MIS/ERP software, eCommerce/Web-to-Print products and scheduling tools. As a result, customers can optimize their print load and track both expenses and profits in a complete, connected business-operations workflow.
Other features include:
- Support for APPE 3.0, Adobe’s latest PDF-native rendering platform.
- Fiery JobMaster, an advanced make-ready print-job solution, which brings additional tab-design features to tackle complex tab layouts and produce unique jobs, giving users the ability to more easily print multi-bank and bleed-edge tabs.
- The free Fiery Go app for iPhones and iPads allows users to monitor and manage print jobs from anywhere in the print shop while doing other tasks.
- An expanded color library for brand color-matching, including the 84 new colors recently issued in the PANTONE Plus Series.
- Fiery Integration Manager that’s said to significantly reduce the effort needed to establish time- and money-saving workflow integrations through Job Definition Format (JDF) configuration settings.
- Fiery API support for development of custom applications and tools to meet specific user needs.
The first DFEs based on the Fiery FS150 Pro system platform will be available starting next month. For more information about Fiery DFEs, visit www.efi.com or contact 800-875-7117.