New Xerox Color Production Printer, the Versant 2100 Press, Rated at up to 100 PPM
Xerox has introduced its newest digital color production printer, the Versant 2100 Press, which is rated at 100 ppm in color mode printing on 8.5″x.14″/A4, and is designed for recommended monthly volumes of 75,000 to 250,000 pages.
According to Xerox, the Versant 2100:
- Automates color control, creates image-to-media alignment profiles, and delivers brand-managed color in less time with less waste with an inline, integrated Full Width Array.
- Maintains tight image registration throughout the press from page-to-page and run-to-run with Production Accurate Registration technology.
- Produces image quality with smooth sweeps and gradients, sharp images, graphics, and text with the new Ultra HD Resolution, an industry first. Applications are rendered at 1,200 x 1,200 dpi at up to 10 bits, which is more than 300 percent more pixels and color precision rendered than the 600 x 600 dpi standard.
- Uses low-melt EA Dry Ink; which provides vibrant images with low gloss, and provides consistent color across multiple printers and sites.
Two controller options are available: the Xerox EX and EX-P 2100 Print Servers, Powered by Fiery, and the Xerox FreeFlow Print Server, so users can tailor the press to their production needs.
Other features include:
- Supports an array of substrates, including linen, polyester, vinyl magnet, and specialty stocks.
- Various workflow options; for instance, with Xerox FreeFlow Core, operators can automate complex pre-press steps, and with XMPie StoreFlow, provide web-to-print portals.
- With the Xerox Stock Library Manager, operators can simplify the management of paper stocks, adding new paper stocks, or using the pre-loaded validated, approved stocks.
- Xerox Connect Advantage Services PDF file, which combines diagnostic technology with a team of specialists to proactively solve problems.
- Xerox’s ProfitAccelerator Digital Business Resources, which provides business-development tools and services.
Order taking for the Xerox Versant 2100 Press begins worldwide in July. For more information and complete specifications, visit Xerox here.