Next-Generation ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate OCR Software with Upgrades
ABBYY today announced introduced FineReader 12 Corporate ($399.99 MSRP), the next generation of its Optical Character Recognition (OCR) solution. Designed for automating document conversion in business, government and academic environments, ABBYY says FineReader 12 Corporate provides faster batch conversion of documents; enhanced accuracy, image pre-processing options and OCR recognition speed; and a new background OCR approach, improving the user experience and efficiency.
Designed for installation across workgroups and organizations, ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate provides tools for scanning documents (with support for network scanners and MFPs) and converting images of documents into editable and searchable digital files. In addition to all functions of FineReader Professional, the Corporate version provides “Hot Folders” for automating and scheduling processing tasks and the ability to share tasks among workgroup users, volume and network licenses with centralized installation, a dedicated license manager function, and licensing options support-deployment in a variety of enterprise environments.
Key enhancements include:
- Improved accuracy on business documents and with Asian languages — Includes a new tool for removing color stamps and pen marks on document images, improves table conversion by up to 40 percent, and offers up to 30 percent more accurate retention of charts and graphs. FineReader 12 Corporate also continues to lead the market in the OCR language support and features up to 15 percent improvement for Arabic OCR, up to 10 percent for Hebrew OCR, and up to 20 percent accuracy increase on Chinese, Japanese, and Korean documents.
- Enhanced Hot Folder and Batch OCR — Improved Hot Folder function provides faster batch conversion of documents and dual-core processing support. It also offers more flexible naming options, allowing users to add prefixes and suffixes to file or folder names in order to better organize them.
- Visual quality enhancement for scans, photos, and PDF documents — Improved ABBYY Camera OCR enables users to turn photos of documents into scanner-quality images, and offers new photo pre-processing functions, such as auto crop of multiple images and whitening of the original document’s background. The new PreciseScan technology improves the visual quality of documents for easier reading, archiving, and better printing results.
- Improved user experience with Background OCR — Enables customers to open, view, and start working with a document of any size immediately, even while it continues to be processed in the background, saving considerable time by providing access to all document pages at once.
- Easier saving and retrieving of files from the cloud — Provides easier access to popular cloud-based document-storage services, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive, among others, as well as direct integration with Microsoft SharePoint Online / Office 365.
- Faster and easier verification and correction — The enhanced verification tool now allows users to apply both spelling and formatting corrections with intuitive hot keys and tab controls that make it easy to navigate through the verification process.
ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate is fully compatible with Windows 8. The software is available immediately through various online stores, selected retail outlets and resellers worldwide. For detailed product information, and information about volume license purchases, visit ABBYY here.