New Nuance Power PDF Features Dragon Notes Voice Integration, More
Nuance Communication is launching its new Nuance Power PDF ($99.99 MSRP) software, with features such as easy document assembly, incorporation of Nuance Dragon Notes voice comments into PDFs, side-by-side document comparison, and more.
Nuance says that with Power PDF, business users get all the tools they need to create, manage, share, and secure Portable Document Format (PDF) files, plus additional features only available from Nuance for document conversion, search, connectivity, and more. With Power PDF, users can convert PDFs into to editable Microsoft Office documents, combine and assemble documents from many sources into a single PDF, and collaborate on PDF files.
With its Microsoft Office-style ribbon user interface, Nuance says Power PDF minimizes the learning curve and maximizes productivity by enabling users to transition effortlessly between word processing and PDF publishing.
Key new features in Power PDF include:
- Combine and assemble documents: Combine files and remove or replace pages in complex documents with drag-and-drop operation. For instance, in maintenance manuals or government-regulation documents, users can update content without losing links to other parts of the document. For review-use cases, they can utilize batch tools to automate repetitive tasks and improve efficiency throughout the workplace.
- Side-by-side document comparison: Users can identify differences between two versions of a document with a side-by-side comparison tool that highlights changes in text and visuals, and provides a summary report of all changes.
- Commenting and review. Nuance Dragon Notes voice-recognition capabilities are integrated into Power PDF, enabling users to dictate text quickly and accurately into notes within a PDF.
- Create workflows to automate large-scale PDF creation or conversion, stamping, watermarking, OCR, redaction, inserting or deleting pages, and Bates-numbering tasks. For example, an organization can look through 1,000 or more files to find number or word patterns, such as Social Security numbers, invoice IDs, phone numbers, dates and email addresses, to identify and locate relevant information for editing or redaction.
- Create 100-percent industry-standard PDF files with security options that are fully compliant with all PDF viewers. Users can generate PDFs directly from the authoring tools – with Microsoft add-ons to Office and Outlook – with all tags, bookmarks, link,s and references intact. The software also faithfully converts PDF files – even with complex layouts such as columns, tables and graphics – to Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect and other authoring formats.
- Security: Nuance Power PDF has secure delivery, document inspection, redaction, encryption and digital-rights management capabilities to control access to documents, inside and outside of the enterprise. The software can deploy PDF files in read-only mode to enforce compliance with SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, eDiscovery and other internal control practices and regulatory mandates.
- Power PDF also integrates with many third-party applications, enabling organizations to incorporate PDF into existing workflows. For example, small offices can connect to popular cloud-based document collaboration sites, such as Box.net, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs, Office 365, and Windows Live SkyDrive. Large-scale organizations can connect with enterprise-class content management systems, including Autonomy, Documentum, Microsoft SharePoint, and NetDocs.
To see a demonstration of the new features and benefits of Power PDF, and learn more about Nuance’s Document Imaging division view the Power PDF on-demand broadcast.
The complete family of Nuance PDF solutions is available through Nuance’s global network of resellers, retail, and e-commerce partners. Nuance Power PDF Advanced is priced at $149.99 with volume discounts are available. Power PDF Standard for individuals, home offices, and small workgroups is priced at r $99.99. For more information on features, free evaluation software, pricing and volume licensing programs, visit Nuance here.