New Solution from Konica Minolta for Scanning and Sharing Healthcare Docs
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. is launching a new solution to help hospitals and clinics streamline and automate the handling of medical information at HIMSS 2014. Part of Konica Minolta’s EnvisionIT Healthcare solution portfolio, the firm says its Dispatcher Phoenix Healthcare is a cost-effective and easy-to-use solution for the scanning, processing, and secure sharing of medical records in compliance with Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards and other regulatory restrictions.
“We are excited to expand the Dispatcher Phoenix product family to the healthcare industry with document workflow features designed to meet the specific needs of hospitals and physician practices,” says Sam Errigo, senior vice president of Business Intelligence Services for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. “Whether it’s converting patient charts to electronic format, automating repetitive manual tasks needed to process medical records, using bar codes to quickly organize insurance claim forms, or extracting data from medical forms for use in other systems, Dispatcher Phoenix simplifies document processing for healthcare professionals, giving them more time to provide quality care to their patients.”
Dispatcher Phoenix Healthcare integrates directly into the Konica Minolta bizhub MFP control panel and offers file-conversion and integration with content management systems, making it easier for healthcare professionals to take care of their patients. With Dispatcher Phoenix Healthcare, healthcare administrators will be able to:
- Upload patient information to content-management systems – Index, scan, and store paper-based patient records, charts, lab reports, claims, and other documents into enterprise content management systems, including Microsoft SharePoint® and OnBase.
- Scan to a Patient Folder – With Dispatcher Phoenix’s folder-browsing feature, clinicians can browse a PC folder structure and store scanned medical records to the appropriate patient’s folder directly from the bizhub MFP.
- Look up patient information from a MFP – The bizhub MPF display panel can be configured to display patient data pulled from an ODBC-compliant database in order to streamline the processing and indexing of scanned data.
- Maintain security standards – To assist with HIPAA compliance, Dispatcher Phoenix provides support for HID authentication, audit trails to identify where documents are going, and file conversion to password protected PDFs. Dispatcher Phoenix also offers an intelligent redaction process that permanently removes Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI) from medical records.
- Leverage barcode and OCR technology for improved data processing – To improve the management of medical records, Dispatcher Phoenix’s barcode recognition feature allows documents to be automatically routed to various destinations based on barcode values. OCR enhancements allow healthcare providers to automatically extract relevant patient data for use in medical back-end systems.
Konica Minolta is showcasing Dispatcher Phoenix Healthcare along with its full EnvisionIT Healthcare portfolio this week at the HIMSS 2014 conference being held February 23-27 in Orlando, Florida at Konica Minolta Booth # 4029.