Nuance’s Latest Version of eCopy ShareScan, v 5.2, Extends Support to Tablets, Smartphones, More
Nuance Communications today announced eCopy ShareScan 5.2, which it says enables enterprises to make their document workflows more efficient across a variety of capture devices, including mobile devices. The new version enables businesses to capture content through a scanner, tablet, smartphone, or A4 capture device. These captured images, as well as any existing electronic documents, are converted, recognized, and integrated into an organization’s workflows and business applications for immediate accessibility within the business.
Among the new features of eCopy ShareScan is the eMail and Folder Watching Service, which extends workflow support to include tablets, smartphones, and A4 desktop-capture devices working within the firewall and remotely. This capability delivers new and extended workflows such as:
- Increased Productivity and Asset Utilization – Organizations often have different-brand scanners, MFPs and All-in-Ones within their offices, but are unable to fully utilize their benefits and capabilities. With the new Watching Service, these devices can be leveraged by simply scanning from any device into a “watched” email address or network folder. In addition to increasing worker productivity, this feature enables organizations to maximize the utilization of each device.
- Increased Efficiency with Automatic File Conversion – Users often receive a scanned document as a PDF or TIFF file, such as an in-bound fax, but need to convert the document to Microsoft Word or Excel in order to edit or update the document as a new version. With eCopy ShareScan, users email the PDF or TIFF to a designated email address monitored by eCopy’s Watching Service, then receive an email returned moments later from eCopy, processed with the software’s OCR capabilities, as a fully formatted Word or Excel document.
- Enhanced Support for Mobile Workers – With any smartphone or tablet, users can email attachments or use the syncing capabilities of their cloud service to deliver documents or photos into an eCopy workflow using the Watching Service. Nuance says this is a powerful tool for incorporating content from remote workers, partners, customers or satellite offices directly into business processes or repositories.
- Improved Accessibility to Content – Using new bulk=document conversion, volumes of paper and electronic content can quickly be migrated, converted. and accessed into searchable, digital, archival formats for improved discovery and access to information.
Once a document is in an eCopy ShareScan workflow, eCopy Connectors & Extenders provide document processing, recognition, and into line of business systems such as Content Management Systems, ERP, CRM, DM, collaboration, email, fax, and Archival systems, enhancing the effectiveness and adoption of business processes. With the market’s largest library of Connectors and extensible interfaces, including an SDK, customers can integrate capture workflows with business applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, EMC Documentum, Salesforce.com, and OpenText, and solutions customized for their business like Oracle, IBM, or home-grown solutions. The processing power of the eCopy Extenders allows documents to be automatically processed, making complex tasks simple and immediate.
With Nuance’s eCopy ShareScan capture-and-workflow solutions, Nuance says enterprises can:
- Capture information “trapped” in paper with Nuance’s OCR engine, making it as accessible as data.
- Process documents with near perfect precision.
- Connect directly to business applications.
- Automate paper-intensive and electronic document workflows.
“With eCopy ShareScan 5.2, Nuance continues to demonstrate our commitment to enabling organizations to enabling more intuitive, powerful and meaningful interactions between people and the technology they use for creating and managing documents,” commented Michael Rich, executive vice president and general manager for Nuance Document Imaging. “Whether deployed as a departmental solution or as the capture platform across a global enterprise, eCopy ShareScan 5.2 expands how users can apply capture workflows to get their jobs done easily, quickly and accurately – all in compliance with records management and information security policies.”
eCopy ShareScan is available through Nuance’s global channel of MFP vendors (including Brother, Canon/Océ, Fuji Xerox, Hewlett-Packard, Kodak, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Ricoh/IKON, Visioneer and Xerox), partners, and dealers. For more information on eCopy ShareScan, visit Nuance here, or call +1-800-443-7077.