Canon Adds Mobile Scan App for imageCLASS Multifunctionals
Canon U.S.A. is launching its Mobile Scanning for Business App for Apple iPhone and iPad mobile devices. The new app enables users to scan jobs from a supported imageCLASS MFP directly to their compatible iPhone or iPad mobile device.
The Canon Mobile Scanning for Business app is compatible with select Canon imageCLASS desktop laser MFPs that are typically used in home and small offices, including the MF4770n/MF4880dw/MF4890dw, MF5950dw/MF5960dn, MF6160dw/MF6180dw, MF8280Cw/MF8580Cdw, and D1320/D1350/D1370 MFPs.1 Users can initiate scans in JPEG (individual files for each page) or PDF form (one multi-page file) directly through the app’s user-interface.
The Canon Mobile Scanning for Business App features the following tools:
- The app can search for and identify compatible Canon MFPs within a wireless broadcast range, and automatically save these devices for future use. If the Canon MFP cannot be found within a wireless broadcast range, users can manually enter the IP address of the compatible Canon device to list it as one of their available scan devices. Once discovered, users can toggle between compatible devices to initiate scan jobs from multiple MFPs.
- The app supports devices running Apple iOS 5.1 or later and is available for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, the New iPad (4th Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad 2, the original iPad, and the iPad Mini.
- A variety of built-in scanning options enable users to enhance control and performance. Users can tailor specify resolution, paper size, file format, color mode and two-sided (duplex) scanning directly from the app. Users can also instruct the app to initiate scan jobs from either the platen glass or via the auto document feeder.
- Once an original is scanned from a compatible MFP, users can opt to save the file to built-in local application storage (Camera Roll, My Documents) for later retrieval, attach it to a pre-set email address for distribution, open it into another iOS application via the OpenIn feature for further management or open it into the Canon Mobile Printing app to print via a compatible MFP (users who have not previously downloaded the free Canon Mobile Printing application for iOS will be automatically directed to the App Store).
- Users can access a built-in device menu for each discovered MFP that provides device status, model name, IP address and MAC Address information, as well as direct links to support information and also the device’s remote user interface (Web portal), which gives the user even greater accessibility and capability to manage the equipment.
Canon says it will extend the app to support other imageRUNNER and imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices in the near future. For product specifications, more on Canon’s mobile-imaging solutions, and the latest device information, visit Canon U.S.A. here.
The Canon Mobile Scanning for Business App is available for free from the App StoreSM on iPhone and iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore. Search for “Canon Mobile Scanning for Business”.