New Panasonic Departmental Document Scanners Offer Enhanced Feature Set
Panasonic is extending its family of document scanners with its new KV-S5076H and KV-S5046H departmental document scanners. Designed to meet the low-volume production and departmental scanning needs of users in a variety of industries, Panasonic says the new scanners offer advanced document-capture and time-saving features.
According to Panasonic, The maximum daily duty cycle of 35,000 (KV-S5076H) and 25,000 (KV-S5046H) and large 300-sheet Automatic Document Feeder, coupled with Panasonic’s multi-sensor ToughFeed technology, mixed-document paper-feed mechanism make the new scanners an optimal choice for applications in healthcare, legal, finance, insurance, and government. Specific use cases include medical-record scanning; discovery and case management; financial documents and loan applications; and judicial records and court documents.“Businesses today are under pressure to streamline operations, improve productivity and at the same time save on the bottom line,” commented Joseph Odore, product manager for Imaging Solutions, Panasonic. “With the introduction of the new KV-S5076H and KV-S5046H scanners, we’ve made significant enhancements that help workers save time as they process paperwork; confirming our commitment to engineering reliable solutions that meet our customers’ needs.”
The new scanners are equipped with paper-feeding technologies to prevent common issues associated with mixed documents scanning such as:
- “ToughFeed,” which includes Stapled Document Detection, Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection, Intelligent Feed Control, and High Quality Feed Rollers that Panasonic says ensure a smooth supply of paper into the scanner for efficient scanning.
- Mechanical Deskew: Physically adjusts and corrects the skew of documents before scanning by the paper-feed mechanism to reduce the need for re-scans.
- Paper Ejection Control: Paper-exit roller reduces the speed of ejected paper and aligns it to prevent paper jams or the loss of originals.
- Hardware Image Processing: Performs image enhancements and prevents scanning speed degradation by maintaining workflow efficiency at 300 and 200 dpi.
The devices also continue support of Panasonic’s Image Capture Plus software for control of complex scanning and filing processes:
- Auto-Preview / Auto-Rescan: Automatically produces nine different versions of a scanned document and displays them as thumbnails. Users select the most suitable image with a single click with no time loss. Similarly, users can adjust the quality of an image via the thumbnails without having to re-scan the original thereby saving time and improving productivity.
- Notification Function: Automatically detects problems with scanned images including binary/color, binary image, blank page and unique page detection using four notification functions and displays warning icons using Panasonic Image Capture Plus software.
Other features include Automatic Glass Cleaning, *Self Cleaning Ionizer, and *One Touch Scanning for up to 100 programmable scanning workflows. The new devices feature scanning speeds of 100 ppmi or 80 ppmii and are capable of scanning a variety of documents, including long and mixed paper.
The new models include Panasonic’s proprietary Active Double-Feed Roller Prevention, LED scanning illumination, Advanced Image Processing, and Image Capture Plus technologies (easy-to-use data formats, automatic image orientation and OCR Zone function) to provide both ease of use and fast scanning. The new scanners are also Kofax VRS certified and ship with both TWAIN and ISIS drivers.
The KV-S5076H and KV-S5046H high-speed document scanners are available immediately through authorized Panasonic resellers starting at $6,195 and $5,195 MSRP, respectively, and come with a Three-Year Advance Exchange Warranty.