Epson Unveils Latest Dye-Sub Printer for Fabric Printing, the SureColor F7170
Epson America today introduced its latest dye-sublimation printer designed for the roll-to-roll digital textile market, the SureColor F7170. The SureColor F7170 joins the line of SureColor F-Series printers, including the F6070 and F7070, and according to Epson, integrates true roll-to-roll support for unprecedented levels of performance, reliability, and image quality for printing on fabrics and and soft signage.
Designed exclusively by Epson, the optimized Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head and Epson UltraChrome DS ink system enables the SureColor F7170 to deliver high-quality printing for a range of dye-sublimation applications with superior dot control, precise and repeatable performance, and excellent longevity. A new highly accurate take-up reel and substrate system delivers winding accuracy between zero and .19″ on transfer paper rolls for a wide range of digital textile applications, including flags, banners, home furnishings, and apparel manufacturing. Built for increased productivity, the SureColor F7170 also features a high-capacity ink tank system with refillable bags to allow continuous printing through a full roll of media without running cleaning cycles and a new post-platen heater for faster drying times.
“The SureColor F7170 was designed to enable digital textile producers to increase productivity, minimize downtime and maximize profitability,” said Catalina Frank, product manager of Professional Imaging for Epson America. “The combined power of Epson’s MicroPiezo TFP print head technology with an advanced feature set and industrial-level performance enables customers to manage high-quality dye-sublimation printing across a range of applications all day, every day.”
The SureColor F7170 features:
- Precise Roll-to-Roll Feeding Technology: A new highly accurate take-up reel and substrate system delivers winding accuracy between zero and .19″ on transfer paper rolls; standard on the SureColor F7170, this robust take-up reel allows for maximum uninterrupted production runs with minimal maintenance downtime
- MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: 1″ wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel capable of handling 10 separate ink channels; low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- Epson UltraChrome DS Ink: The SureColor F7170 is designed to work exclusively with Epson UltraChrome DS Ink and no other inks or cartridges; Epson exclusive dye-sublimation CMYK ink technology produces “extreme” color gamut with vibrant colors, intense blacks, sharp contours, and smooth gradations; provides extremely fast drying times, and with the new ink refill packs, offers a low total cost of ownership
- Wasatch SoftRIP: Wasatch SoftRIP TX enables users to start printing sellable output immediately out of the box with specialty features for textile printing
- Epson Transfer Media: The SureColor F7170 is fully compatible with Epson’s line of dye-sublimation transfer papers, including the new DS Transfer Production paper for high-volume customers (up to 575 feet per roll), as well as two other offerings – the DS Transfer Adhesive Textile for high-end cut-and-sew fabric and apparel production and the DS Transfer Multipurpose for transfer applications that use either soft or rigid surfaces.
Epson will begin shipping the SureColor F7170 in summer 2014 through Epson’s select F-Series dealers. The SureColor F7170 offers a standard Epson Preferred Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service. For more information on the warranty, visit www.proimaging.epson.com. For more information on the SureColor series, visit Epson here.