WorkForce DS-760 and WorkForce DS-860 are Epson’s Fastest Professional Document Scanners to Date
Epson America is introducing its fastest professional sheet-fed document scanners to date, the WorkForce DS-760 and WorkForce DS-860, which deliver scan speeds of up to 65 ppm and provide advanced paper-feed technology. With robust duty cycles, scan-to-cloud functionality, and compatibility with virtually all document-management software suites, Epson says the color scanners can meet the needs of any demanding office environment.
“The Epson WorkForce DS-760 and DS-860 are a welcomed expansion to the breadth of document imaging solutions offered by Epson, allowing demanding businesses to get more done with fast scan speeds,” commented Mark Pickard, senior product manager of Epson America’s Document Scanners group. “These scanners can not only process large volumes of paper reliably, but do so without sacrificing the top-notch image quality for which Epson is known.”The WorkForce DS-760 and DS-860 are versatile workgroup or departmental sheet-fed scanners designed for a wide range of markets – from healthcare and finance to insurance and legal. The scanners deliver Epson’s fastest sheet-fed scan speeds to date. The WorkForce DS-760 clocks in at 45 ppm and 90 ipm (images per minute) at 300 dpi, with the WorkForce DS-860 rated at 65 ppm and 130 ipm at 300 dpi. For businesses with high-volume scanning requirements, the DS-760 and DS-860 offer robust duty cycles, scanning up to 4,500 and 6,000 sheets per day respectively, and stack up to 80 pages in the built-in Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). Both scanners are equipped with ultrasonic double-feed detection technology to automatically stop the feed to avoid missing pages or jams.
With Epson Document Capture Pro software for Windows PC, users can scan to popular cloud services including Google Docs, SharePoint, SugarSync, and Evernote with one touch, to easily access documents from multiple devices or share with others. Businesses can also leverage networking capabilities using an optional network module (sold separately) to support up to 100 workstations with full scanner functionality.
Other features include:
- Connect to Document Management Software: TWAIN and ISIS drivers included for compatibility with existing software programs.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Software: Converts scanned documents into editable text.
- Advanced Color and Image Adjustments: Color Enhance to capture specific and continuously variable colors from the original document before converting to black-and-white; and Color Dropout to remove any standard or user-defined color from the scanned image.
- Versatile Paper Handling: From rigid ID and business cards to documents up to 36″; folded pages without using a carrier sheet.
- Eco Features: Scanners are both RoHS compliant and recyclable
The Epson WorkForce DS-760 ($899.99 MSRP) and WorkForce DS-860 ($1,099.99 MSRP) will be available in March through distributors. The scanners feature a one-year limited warranty, along with optional extended warranties and overnight exchange programs. For more information about Epson scanners visit www.epson.com/scanners.