Billed as a step-up from the recently introduced WorkForce DS-510, the WorkForce DS-560 also enables users to scan to popular cloud-based document sharing and storage sites. Users can also upload scanned documents from their mobile device to cloud-based sites such as Google Docs and Evernote.
The WorkForce DS-560 delivers scan speeds of up to 26 ppm/52 ipm at 300 dpi, and can scan both sides of one sheet in just one pass, as well as a stack of up to 50 pages with its built-in Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). It’s also equipped with ultrasonic double-feed detection technology, which senses if more than a single page has been fed, and automatically stops the feeding to avoid missing pages or jamming.
The WorkForce DS-560 allows for seamless integration into third-party software, including custom content-management systems, with the availability of TWAIN and ISIS drivers. Businesses can also leverage networking capabilities using an optional network module to support up to 100 workstations with full scanner functionality. It can also be integrated into nearly any workplace with both TWAIN and ISIS drivers available, making it compatible with most existing office software.
Other features include:
- Compact design: 6.1″ x 11.7″ x 6″ (height x width x depth).
- Versatile paper handling: From rigid ID and business cards to documents up to 36″ long; folded pages without using a carrier sheet
- Advanced color and image adjustments: Color Enhance to capture specific and continuously variable colors from the original document before converting to black-and-white; and Color Dropout removes any color from the scanned image.
- Robust duty cycle – Scan up to 3,000 sheets per day.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Software – Converts scanned documents to editable text.
- Eco Features – Scanner is both RoHS compliant and recyclable.
The WorkForce DS-560 will be available in March through major retailers and distributors. The scanner features a one-year limited warranty, along with optional extended warranties and overnight exchange programs.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.