New Epson LabelWorks LW-600P Label Printer Features Mobile Printing for iOS and Android
Epson says the LabelWorks LW-600P is one of the smallest and lightest 24mm (~1”) label printers on the market today. It features:
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity for use with smartphones and tablets.
- USB connectivity for printing from Windows and Mac computers
- Print speeds up to 15mm/s at 180dpi for fast printing of labels.
- Tape widths of 6mm (~1/4”) to 24mm (~1”) for maximum versatility.
- Battery-powered operation for portability and mobility
- AC power (adapter included) to allow the LW-600P to be always on and ready.
For iOS and Android device users, the free Epson iLabel app takes full advantage of the capabilities of their smart phones and tablets to offer features never before available with traditional label makers, such as:
- “True-view” label preview capability using the camera function to ensure labels perfectly match what’s on the screen.
- Handwriting mode for custom drawing or annotation of labels using the touch-screen interface.
- Speech-to-text voice transcription and printing.
- In-app storage of created label for future use.
- Import of custom graphics such as symbols, logos, and photographs to copy and paste onto labels for a more professional look or to add a personalized touch.
- Creation of QR code labels for content sharing or barcode labels for inventory management which can be scanned by third-party QR/barcode apps.
Tape options include:
- Personalized ribbons and decorative stickers for party favors, gifts, hair decorations, ornaments, flower arrangements, and more.
- Iron-on labels for uniforms, backpacks, shoes, and any type of cloth-based products.
- Glow-in-the-dark labels for light switches, emergency flashlights, and supplies.
- Reflective labels for jackets, helmets, bicycles, and any item that may benefit from labels with reflective visibility.
With an open-source development platform, the LW-600P also gives developers the ability to create iOS and Android label-printing apps for specific uses such as event ticketing and specialty crafting, or for vertical applications such as inventory management, healthcare, cable & wiring, patch panels and more.
Demonstrations of the LabelWorks LW-600P will be available at the Epson SmartWare Pavilion, meeting room S214, in the Las Vegas Convention Center during the 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) being held January 7-10.
Part of Epson’s newly introduced portfolio of open-sourced, app-enabled products, the LabelWorks LW-600P is available now and sold with one or two 24mm tapes included in the box with an MSRP of $99.99 and $123.98 respectively.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.