Toshiba Upgrades e-BRIDGE Print & Capture App with New Mobile-Scan, Document-Finishing Features
The e-BRIDGE Print & Capture app is compatible with all Android smartphone and tablet devices supporting version 2.3.3 (released in February 2011) or later, and enables users to wirelessly scan from and print to the company’s e-STUDIO MFPs.
By integrating Re-Rite, Toshiba’s optical character recognition (OCR) software, users may also convert paper documents scanned with Toshiba MFPs and sent to their Android mobile devices into editable file formats, and then distribute those files to a shared network folder, an email address, or both. The new mobile app also scans to the latest Adobe formats including PDF/A (archive) and Slim PDF (high-compression) protocols.
There’s also a new stapling option, for stapling printed documents sent from the app.
To help lessen an organization’s environmental footprint, the app now also features Toshiba’s Toner Save mode, as well as the e-STUDIO’s Omit Blank Page option.
“As per IDC research, by 2015, 58 percent of tablet users and 50 percent of smartphone users will be engaged in mobile print,” commented Dinesh Srirangpatna, research manager at IDC. “Toshiba is embracing this trend by making it easy to print across all Toshiba e-STUDIO multifunction products from mobile devices. Additionally, Toshiba is further helping users migrate to the cloud with Re-Rite document scan functionality.”
Aside from the software’s new feature set, the app includes all other existing features:
- Attaching scanned files to email and sharing documents with other Android applications.
- Uploading files to cloud-based document storage sites such as Box.com, Google Driver SkyDrive, and Dropbox.
- Scan file formats that include JPEG, TIFF, and previously noted PDF protocols.
- Quick Response – or QR – code creation from an Android smartphone or tablet, which may be affixed to any Toshiba MFP to activate printing.
- Print images stored in Android Gallery or captured by the Android device’s camera.
- Use MFP print setting such as number of copies, duplex printing, and color mode.
- Select Private Print or Hold Print to prevent the printed document from being unattended at the MFP.
- Scan a document from an e-STUDIO MFP and store the document on an Android device or upload it to a cloud-based document storage site.
- Convert the scanned images or the photo documents into an editable format such as PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
- Generate and print the QR code of e-STUDIO MFP to simplify MFP discovery.
- Require user authentication and require users enter department codes.
A download of Toshiba’s new mobile app is available on Google Play.