Top News for the Week of 11/25/2013
This post is coming to you early this week due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States.
- We enjoyed a productive meeting along with Konica Minolta and its North American dealers at a three-day event held last week at the Palazzo Resort/Hotel/Casino in Las Vegas.
- Gallery of Photos from the Konica Minolta 2013 Business Conference and Product Expo.
New Products & Solutions
- We’ve already seen the Toshiba MFP with a second unit that can erase special blue toner from a printed page. However, it’s now official, as it debuts along with new digital signage at the annual TABS’ dealer meeting.
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Fujitsu makes good stuff. Be sure to check out its next-generation workgroup scanner family with acoustic paper-feed protection.
- Brother has been on a roll and announces that printer and All-in-One sales are up over the last six months.
- Solutions-provider extraordinaire Nuance reports that although revenue has been up it expects a loss for its fourth quarter and its full fiscal year.
Business & Strategies
This sounds pretty obvious, but the leader of Lexmark is a pretty astute guy who is a long-term industry insider: Lexmark Chairman and CEO outlines strategy: a mix of MPS, Perceptive Software, and printers/MFPs.
Here’s an interesting research finding from Ricoh: family photos are among America’s most valuable documents and paper is still important. It’s even more interesting when you consider that the huge imaging firm has an extensive lineup that is devoid of photo printers.