Epson Launches First Printer, Expression Premium XP-610, for Printing from Chromebooks
Epson America is launching the first printer designed for wirelessly printing from Google Chromebooks, the Expression Premium XP-610 Small-in-One color inkjet All-in-One ($149.99). The XP-610 is also AirPrint-enabled for printing from iOS mobile devices.
A Chromebook is a small, mobile personal computer running Chrome OS as its operating system. The devices are designed to be used while connected to the Internet and support applications that reside on the Web, rather than traditional applications that reside on the PC itself. All the data is stored in the “cloud” accessed by an Internet connection
According to Patrick Chen, product manager of mobile connectivity for Epson America, Epson worked closely with Google to develop the new All-in-One, noting, “Chromebooks are one of the fastest growing segments of the PC industry and expanding wireless printing convenience directly enhances creativity and productivity for home, school, and business users.”
Epson says that with just two simple clicks, users can wirelessly print from the next room or from across the globe. Using any Google Chromebook and the Google Cloud Print-enabled XP-610 printer, users can read and print documents, photos, and emails directly from the cloud.
More about Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is integrated directly into all Chromebooks making it easy for users to print documents, photos, emails, and Web pages from anywhere in the world. With Google Cloud Print, users can also securely share printers with a single click, directly from their Google account.
The XP-610’s specifications include:
- Rated ISO print speed is 13 (black)/10 (color) ppm. Rated ISO duplex print speed is 5 (black)/4.3 (color). The XP-610 prints a 4″ x 6″ photo in as little as 20 seconds.
- Uses Epson’s MicroPiezo color inkjet-printing technology.
- Provides copy and scan via flatbed platen (no automatic document feeder).
- Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n) and Wi-Fi Direct wireless connectivity, and USB port for direct connection.
- Up to 5,760 x 1,440 optimized dpi resolution.
- Built-in card slots for printing from memory cards (supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC, and Memory Stick Duo formats).
- Borderless photo printing in these sizes: A4, 3.5″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, 8.5″ x 11″ and 16:9
- Auto Photo Correction evaluates and enhances digital images and features red-eye correction.
- Users can preview and edit photos (on touch screen) downloaded from a USB memory drive or from memory cards, and then print them.
- Print on customized inkjet-printable CDs and DVDs.
- Copies at up to 9 (black)/8.1 (color) ppm.
- Flatbed scanner with 48-bit color.
- Scan resolution of up to 2,400 dpi (9,600 x 9,600 dpi interpolated). Layouts include borderless, classic borders, picture packages, photo ID, and more.
- 100-sheet paper tray, and a dedicated tray for holding photo stock.
- Uses five Epson Claria 273 ink cartridges (black, photo black, cyan, magenta, and yellow)