Hewlett-Packard Just Sold its 200 Millionth LaserJet
- 1984: HP makes history with the HP LaserJet printer, the world’s first desktop laser printer. The first LaserJet was a 300 dpi, , 8 ppm printer that sold for $3,495 with the price later reduced to $2,995
- 1991: HP Jetadmin simplifies remote management of printers on a corporate network; HP introduces the HP LaserJet IIISi , the industry’s first networkable laser printer
- 1994: HP Color LaserJet, the industry’s first color laser printer, brings color to business documents
- 1998: HP LaserJet 3100 becomes the first mass-market laser all-in-one (AiO) device
- 2002: HP Color LaserJet 4600 is the first laser printer to print color documents at the speed of black.
- 2004: HP LaserJet M4345 multifunction printer (MFP) raises the bar by bringing print, copy, digital send and advanced paper handling into the office in a workgroup MFP
- 2008: HP Color LaserJet CP1510 makes high-quality technology affordable for small businesses as HP’s first color laser printer costing less than $300
- 2010: HP LaserJet P1102 is named the most energy-efficient laser printer on the planet by ENERGY STAR; HP introduces industry’s first mobile print solution with HP ePrint
- 2012: HP LaserJet Enterprise flow MFPs and HP Flow Content Management (CM) software help businesses integrate paper and digital workflows for increased productivity
- 2013: HP LaserJet Enterprise 800 series and HP 1200w Mobile Print Accessory make mobile printing as easy as touching a smartphone or tablet to the printer; including the launch of the new device, HP has introduced more than 15 LaserJet devices in less than two years.
HP also is launching the “200 Million and Counting” customer sweepstakes. The sweepstakes invites customers to upload testimonials to www.hp.com/go/celebratelaserjet and share how HP LaserJet quality, innovation and excellence have helped their businesses succeed.
The “200 Million and Counting” sweepstakes encourages HP customers to join in the celebration by asking them to share personal stories, images and videos on what HP LaserJet innovation means for their business. Each photo and video that is uploaded will be included on a digital wall at www.hp.com/go/celebratelaserjet.
The sweepstakes runs through Dec. 24, 2013, and is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, as well as Russia, France, the U.K., Germany and China. Participants are invited to submit their digital photos and stories, which will serve as their sweepstakes entry, at www.hp.com/go/celebratelaserjet, where complete promotion rules also are available.(1) Winners from each worldwide region will win a 200 millionth limited-edition HP LaserJet MFP, subject to complete sweepstakes rules.