Xerox Enhances Managed Print Services, Adds Content Management Services, Secure Mobile Print
Xerox reports that it’s added two tools to its managed print services (MPS), which it says will help customers print less as well as simply their work processes.
According to Mike Feldman, president of Xerox’s Large Enterprise Operations, “Our next generation of managed print services helps clients take control of information while managing everyday concerns such as productivity, mobility, security, and sustainability.”
The company says its three-stage approach – assess and optimize; secure and integrate; automate and simplify – is a road map to help bridge the paper and digital worlds.
New tools and services available within Xerox’s MPS offerings include:
- Assess and Optimize:
- Xerox CompleteView Pro creates visual dashboards via a Web-based, interaction application providing “what if” scenarios of a client’s print environment, such as total cost of ownership, device ratios, device utilization, and sustainability metrics. Enhancements include improved solution modeling (the analysis of data so customers can view different scenarios before investments are made), support for Xerox solid-ink printers and MFPs, and user upload of custom pricing for non-Xerox equipment.
- Xerox Production Assessment Services review production-print environments in order to reduce costs. Assessments include capacity utilization, total cost of ownership, production value chain and service-process maturity.
- Secure and Integrate:
- Xerox Print Security Audit Service monitors a client’s printing policy to identify and resolve compliance issues. The offering includes consultative services using data-collection tools and analytics.
- Xerox Print Server Management Service frees up an enterprise’s IT resources by having Xerox oversee and consolidate print servers, print queues, and drivers.
- Xerox Mobile Print Solution offers secure printing via the Xerox Mobile Print app. Users can print from their desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile devices and smartphones. Other enhancements include:
- Locating public printers using GPS and maps.
- Integrated cloud printing with a customer’s active directory.
- Secure Card Reader and Follow You Print solution.
- Web-page printing, media selection, and support for large-scale global deployment models.
- Automate and Simplify:
- Xerox Content Management Services help enterprises automate, simplify, and reduce paper in their work processes. Efficiencies are achieved through Xerox’s workflow automation and document management tools, as well as consultative services.
- Xerox Ignite electronically grades exams and produces analytics allowing educators to customize learning based on the student’s progression.
Xerox Print Server Management Service will be initially available in Western Europe and rolled out to additional geographies in 2014. Xerox Ignite is available immediately in the United States, and will be available in other regions in 2014. All other tools and services are available immediately through the Xerox direct sales force or local Xerox sales representatives in the United States, Canada, Western Europe and additional emerging markets.