Sharp America Entering A4 Desktop Color MFP Segment with MX-C250 and MXC300W
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America is entering a new MFP segment with two new desktop color imaging systems, the MX-C250 and MX-C300W, which it rates at up to 30 ppm, and which provide print, copy, scan, and fax. Sharp says the systems’ compact size make them an easy fit for tight workspaces, and they’re designed are for small workgroups and businesses.
According to the firm, the compact design of the MX-C250/C300W series was achieved using breakthrough technologies developed internally by Sharp, which include a high-performance lens, downsized scanning unit, side-by-side toner cartridges, and a reduction in overall parts.
The MX-C300W includes wireless connectivity, and users can scan or print from up to five wireless devices such as a PC, laptop, smartphone, and tablet simultaneously. With Sharpdesk Mobile or standard wireless communication protocols, users can access the MX-C300W without a wired connection. Users no longer have to transfer files or images to a local machine prior to printing. Wireless connectivity also enables the document system to be placed in locations that may not have a wired network outlet.
- 600 MHz controller and 512 MB RAM
- 600 x 600 dpi resolution.
- Wireless LAN connectivity for the MX-C300W.
- Full-color and black-and-white scanning at up to 600 x 600 dpi resolution.
- Rated print speed of 30 ppm for the MX-C300W and 25 ppm for the MX-C250 in color and black-and-white.
- 29 second warm-up time.
- Energy-saving sleep mode, and automatic switch off.
- Energy Star-certified.
- USB port.
- 35-sheet single pass feeder for the MX-C250F and 50-sheet reversing single pass feeder for the MX-C300W.
- Standard automatic duplex printing.
According to Mike Marusic, senior vice president for Sharp’s Marketing and Business Solutions Group, unlike other competitive MFPs which are better suited for personal use, Sharp has designed the new MFPs with more office-level features, “Most previous space-saving color copier/printers were networkable but primarily suited for personal use. These models expand our current market offerings by incorporating a full set of office-friendly features with top performance capabilities.”
The new MX-C250 and MX-C300W desktop color document systems will be available for purchase in mid-December 2013.