Epson America today introduced a new line of large-format inkjet color plotters designed for engineering and scientific professionals – the SureColor T3000, T5000, and T7000. Marking Epson’s entry into the technical printing market, the SureColor T-Series provides architects, engineers and GIS professionals with what Epson’s calling the fastest plotting speeds in their class, as well as industry-leading plotting accuracy, and new Epson UltraChrome XD pigment inks.
Built from the ground up using all-Epson engineering, the SureColor T-Series delivers resolution of up to 2,880 x 1,440 dpi, and can produce presentation-quality D-size plot in as little as 25 seconds and up to 110 per hour. They also feature an output stacking basket that organizes up to 20 A1/D- or A0/E-sized plain-paper plots.
Epson says its new UltraChrome XD pigment inks provide crisp lines, brilliant color and photographic quality on virtually any paper type for accurate prints that are archival and smudge- and water-resistant. T-Series ink cartridges are available in 110 ml, 350 ml, as well as in a high-capacity 700 ml size. The plotters use cyan, magenta, yellow, photo black, and matte black inks.
Other specifications include:
- Three Plotter Widths: The SureColor T3000, T5000 and T7000 feature maximum print widths of 24″, 36″, and 44″ respectively.
- The new plotters use Epson’s MicroPiezo TFP inkjet print head that Epson says provide high-performance and consistency for precise plotting with highly accurate line placement and minimum line widths as thin as 0.018 mm.
- Includes Epson Precision XD printer language compatible with the latest applications and workflow software.
- An optional internal 250-GB hard drive releases workstations for unattended plotting, and features a Web server for print queue management and printer maintenance.
- Control panel incorporates a full-color LCD display as well as simple key layout for quick access to printer features and controls, as well as an intuitive help system for most frequent tasks.
The SureColor T3000, T5000 and T7000 will be available in this fall through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers for list prices of $2,995, $3,995 and $4,995 respectively. For more information, visit proimaging.epson.com