FedEx Office Adds Cloud Printing for Google Docs Accounts
FedEx has introduced a Google Docs cloud-printing solution, called FedEx Office Print Online, which enables customers to submit Google Docs documents for printing at a FedEx Office location, and then pick up their prints or have them delivered by FedEx. Google Docs is online, Web-based document storage and sharing site; users can set up both free and for-pay accounts.
We tried the process and found it very easy:
Go to Fedex.com and select FedEx Office.
Under FedEx Office Print Online, select Upload Now.
- Select Get Files for Printing.
- Select Continue with Custom Project.
- Select Get Files from Google Docs.
- Enter your Google Account e-mail address and password.
- Allow printonline.fedex.com to access your Google account.
- Select the document(s) in your Google Docs account that you wish to print.
- Specify print and document-finishing options, and preview how the document will be printed, making any changes if necessary.
- After purchasing prints, select any FedEx office location. You can either pick up the prints yourself, or pay FedEx to deliver them to you.
Last year, FedEx Office announced a partnership with both Canon U.S.A. and Hewlett-Packard under which the two companies began supplying FedEx Office as sole-source providers with printers and imaging systems for FedEx Office’s retail locations. According to the agreement, Canon and HP have been supplying FedEx Office with more than 12,000 new Canon and HP printing systems throughout FedEx Office locations in more than 1,800 sites in the United States and Canada. For its part, Canon has been supplying imageRunner Advance MFPs and imagePress digital production printers, while HP has been supplying online and cloud-printing solutions, as well as imaging systems such as its Designjet large-format printers.
FedEx launched its Office Print Online solution in 2007, enabling customers to submit electronic files from their PCs for printing. FedEx says it’s adding 250,000 new users per month, and expects even more customers for the Google Docs application.