New Xerox WorkCentre 5300 A3 Monochrome MFPs for SMB Start at $6,100
Xerox has introduced its WorkCentre 5300 Series of 25-35 ppm monochrome A3 MFPs that start at $6,100 and replace the WorkCentre 5225/5230. Features of note include color scanning, forwarding of received faxes to users’ e-mail boxes, and an LED scanner that uses less energy than traditional Xenon lamps.
Three configurations are available:
|WorkCentre 5325||WorkCentre 5330||WorkCentre 5335|
|Print speed||25 ppm||30 ppm||35 ppm|
|Maximum monthly volume||100,000 pages||150,000 pages||150,000 pages|
|List price for copier-only configuration||$6,100.00||$7,100.00||$8,100.00|
|List price for copy/print/scanner configuration||$7,100.00||$8,100|| $9,100.00
Specifications are as follows:
- 7” customizable color touch screen.
- Enabled with Xerox’s Extensible Interface Platform (EIP) open-development platform for adding solutions such as automatic document routing and distribution.
- 667 MHz CPU with 10/100/1000Base-TX Ethernet network interface and High speed USB 2.0 port. Compatible with Apple Macintosh, Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux, and Citrix.
- Supports these page description languages: HP-GL, HP-GL2, PCL 5e/6 , and Adobe PDF, TIFF, XPS printing. Adobe PostScript 3 is optional.
- Up to 200 password-protected mailboxes can be created for fax forwarding. LAN fax is also included when optional fax is included.
- Copy, print, scan, fax and route files while other print jobs are being processed.
Security includes network authentication, Secure Print, and Image Overwrite (electronically “shreds” data stored on the MFPs’ standard 160-GB hard drive). There’s also an optional ID card-swipe solution (Xerox’s Secure Access Unified ID System) that requires users to swipe an ID card in order to use the control panel, and can also be used by administrators to track usage. Administrators can customize the touch screen so that only certain functions are available to specified users.
55-opm scanning in color or monochrome; scan to remote e-mail destinations via direct SMTP addresses or via various network scanning software options; scan to application (workflow, Electronic Document Management System/Repositories); optional Scan to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Web Folders; optional scan to client SMB or FTP; scan to folder, home and PC. WSD Scan for Microsoft Client OS. Convert scanned documents into searchable and encrypted Adobe PDFs. Optional Scan to PC Desktop Pro software, and scan to USB memory drives.
- 110-sheet Duplex Automatic Document Feeder standard and 50-sheet bypass tray; optional paper drawers and document finishing.
Eco-friendly features include Xerox’s patented EA Toner (less energy is required to fuse toner to paper, thus reducing energy consumption), automatic duplex printing, and the previously noted LED scanner. The new MFPs are also Energy Star-qualified.
- The MFPs use a separate toner and drum cartridge; pricing and page yields are not available.
The WorkCentre 5300 Series’ control panel with 7″ color touch screen.
The MFPs also support Xerox’s Mobile and Global Print Drivers:
- Xerox’s Mobile Print Driver automatically discovers available printers and provides status and capability information for them. Users can save a list of favorite printers for each location and store print settings.
- With Xerox’s Global Print Driver, administrators can install, upgrade and manage Xerox and non-Xerox devices from a single print driver. Printers are automatically discovered, a printer list can be managed based on location, and information on status, supplies and queue management is provided.